99 IRS exhaust on a 97

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
I am getting more annoyed by the minute with my crapmaster catback and have seen a 99 with a SRA swap running the IRS exhaust so I am going to try it with my SRA . Those who have done a IRS swap into their 96-98 Cobras did you need new hangers or did the IRS catback line up?

aloo1

Established Member
are you just tired and annoyed by the sound/drone or is the current system falling apart or rusting out or what?
thanks,
alan

BraMas

Established Member
If you can get the brackets that hold up the rear (back bumper)of the cat back that would help you. I had to make my own because they are different on 99/04 cobra's.
Something to think about on doing this is with the SRA articulation is will bang on the top of the IRS. and when you go over a bump you take a chance of pancaking the pipes between the axle and what ever bump you went over

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
why change to an IRS catback, why not just change your SRA catback?

I have a IRS but it needs new bushings before I install it and got a catback to fit it in the deal.

are you just tired and annoyed by the sound/drone or is the current system falling apart or rusting out or what?
thanks,
alan

We have a 50-55mph speed limit here and it puts me in the prime 2000rpm drone range with the F/M's.

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
If you can get the brackets that hold up the rear (back bumper)of the cat back that would help you. I had to make my own because they are different on 99/04 cobra's.
Something to think about on doing this is with the SRA articulation is will bang on the top of the IRS. and when you go over a bump you take a chance of pancaking the pipes between the axle and what ever bump you went over

Hmm sounds like a lot more work to make it fit right . I guess I will just put up with the F/M's for awhile longer.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
I have a IRS but it needs new bushings before I install it and got a catback to fit it in the deal.

We have a 50-55mph speed limit here and it puts me in the prime 2000rpm drone range with the F/M's.

ah gotcha I thought you said u had a SRA thats why i was confused

Users who are viewing this thread