99 GT exhaust

ib6-ub9

Established Member
Ok i know there are billions of threds on this but when i post on the others i dont get replies:( so here is my question, i wana start with boltons on my 99 gt, and im thinking about going with 4.10's and the bassani competition catback. I heard great things about borla, so what is the catback from borla thats best for the GT's. Im looking for really deep sound and loudness. I dont have the money for a catted x yet but thats what im going to do along with headers next. As far as headers go is it better to get shorties or long tubes? and what brand? There is just so much out there and i want to get somehing with descent gains that has good quality and good sound, im in college so i dont have the money to pick the wrong exhaust, any help is apreciated:beer:

Last edited:

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
If you like the sort of high pitched rumble sound..go with bassani..thats what im going with.

Borla is a deeper sound and I don't personally care for it.

Check out mustangexhaust.com and take a look at the magnaflow catted xpipe with steeda catback..check that one out. one of my favs

fastball19

South Florida King !
Established Member
Well If i where you if you want to wait like you said i would go with Magna Flow CatBack Which sound really nice !
And if you wanna wait and not spend 300 bucks on xpipes wait to get the Long Tube Headers with the short Xpipes cause if you put Xpipes now on the car when you do long tubes they won't fit the X's for long tubes are shorter. Then i would go with 373's if you drive the car alot i think its better all around thats what i have! the 410's are great but if you do alot of driving i don't recommed them and when u get the gears get a Chip. Then if you want drop it a little you can get control arms and subframes
. After that i would save a get a Bullit Intake which is awesome for the 2v so don't buy a t/b or plenum for the stock intake wait untill you get the Bullit intake then i would get a Supercharger
This is taste" i would go with a Pro Charger" then after that Forged the Internals and add a pullys to boost like crazy! :)

IF you want take a look at Miccol GT here on the site its at 600+ hp to the rear wheels and thats taking the steps i told you.

agian this is a option you can go how you want. iam half way threw the process!

ib6-ub9

Established Member
Thanks for the help, i have heard that the magnaflow sounds really good, and might be a little cheaper than the bassani. I do want to go long tubes so i guess ill wait till on the x so i can get them at the same time. i guess ill do the 3.73 becasue in about a year and half or so im gonna do a bolt on blower and the 4.10s would quick. Now i know the bullit intakes give around 10rwhp peak but what im curious about is midrange power. Im only 18 but unlike my ricer burner friends i want power throughout the power band lol. I already have osme nitto 275 drag radials and they are freakin awsome and im a descent driver so i hope witht he drag radials cat back and gears i can pull consistent 13's. I have had some friends say my car runs very strong for a gt, i started pulling away from a chipped GTi in thrid gear that traps and 99mph so i think she runs strong. Thanks again for the help sorry for the ramble:beer:

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
I hate magnaflow personally. I've yet to hear it on a car and like it yet. Although the two cars I've heard with bassani sounded amazing. Plus the tips on the magnaflow catback are less then complementing.

ib6-ub9

Established Member
I was also concerned about the tips as well, i believe the bassini competition catback has 4 inch slash cut stainless tips which sound pretty nice, I dont really care for rolled tips. Hopefully some more owners with those kinds of exhaust will chime in, i cant afford to pick something that sucks:(

fastball19

South Florida King !
Established Member
Magna Flows Cat back is stainless Steel "The WHOLE CATBACK"
from the mufflers to the tips my friend its a really good catback.
You can choose from double walled round tips on the slash design.The billit intake will make more HP around 25-30 hp on must 2vcars depending on yourset up, but the best part is how the car performs with it its a mod that for exmple with proper bolt on will take your car from a 12.2 to a 11.8 with a supercharger the best parts is you get ALOT more and better air flow then stock this is what iam gonna do with my 2000 GT. Like i said wait to get the long tubes and xpipes at the same time and don't buy any Plenums of T/B if your gonna get the Bullit intake cause it won't fit the bullit intake later!

Users who are viewing this thread