99 Cobra what exhaust setup

dnh11844

Established Member
Hey need some help. Have a 99 cobra with magna flow cat back exhaust.

What x pipe would pair the best that is catted, (live in illinois- emissions) and pair up to stock manifold?

robvas

Established Member
Bassani would be my first choice. I have a Magnaflow on mine and would recommend it as well.

dnh11844

Established Member
A guy is selling a bassani cat back but I would need “down pipes” to connect to the stock manifold seeing that I don’t have headers right?
Where would I get these

01yellercobra

Established Member
Is he selling a cat back or mid pipe? Big difference between the two.

Last edited:

robvas

Established Member
You can get a 'shorty' X or H pipe

It's the smallest one in these three pictures. It normally goes with long tube headers.

For shorty headers or stock manifolds, you want the regular X/H pipes. See how one of them has much longer piping?

Some manufacturers make a short mid-pipe, but you can also buy extensions to connect to shorty headers. And some of them even have interchangeable cats/offroad pipes. That's the other picture.

Attachments

• be-46973_7237.jpg
    be-46973_7237.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 26
  • BBK1635.JPG
    BBK1635.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 035-1521__06514.jpg
    035-1521__06514.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 26

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I live in IL too and have gone to emmisions with an OR x pipe for almost 20 years now. Added some resistors to the rear o2s and it passes since no check engine light.

Also, you should be able to register as a classic really soon which I think stops emession testing. All that said I'm thinking of going back to catted for the smell.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Just the mid pipe not the upper pipes that go to the stock manifold
Skip it. Trying to get stuff from Bassani is like pulling teeth anymore. And chances are for what they'd charge you, you would have been better off buying a new one.

dnh11844

Established Member
Ok I’ve found one that is in good shape with cats and pipes to the manifold. The seller can’t confirm it’s stainless steel?? Are all of bassani’s exhaust products stainless steel?

dnh11844

Established Member
Hey need some help. Have a 99 cobra with magna flow cat back exhaust.

What x pipe would pair the best that is catted, (live in illinois- emissions) and pair up to stock manifold?
Hey I got the bassani catted x pipe for 450 shipped from Arizona to Chicago. How much is reasonable installation for the new x pipe?

robvas

Established Member
Hey I got the bassani catted x pipe for 450 shipped from Arizona to Chicago. How much is reasonable installation for the new x pipe?
I'll do it for a 12 pack of beer. Very simple job I couldn't see a shop charging over an hour labor unless they jack your O2's up because they are seized up

dnh11844

Established Member
I'll do it for a 12 pack of beer. Very simple job I couldn't see a shop charging over an hour labor unless they jack your O2's up because they are seized up
Ha you live in chicago?
He quoted me $120 for an hour then said oh there’s four 02 sensors and the job calls $300, but did for $200

Users who are viewing this thread