99 Cobra Vs. Bullit

cobravenom99

Established Member
Hey, i got a 99 cobra, and this kid in my town has got a new 2008 bullit he keeps talkin a bunch of crap about my car and , wer supposed to race, both cars are bone stock, but do you guys think i could take him??

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
If you have the "fix", you'll walk him.

If not, then it's a driver's race.

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
I test drove the new 08 Bullit and it feels heavy and doggy. The 08 GT felt quicker. As long as you run out your gears and don't short shift, you should be fine.

Get some video:)

JoePac

Established Member
Are you stock?Is he stock? 99' Fixed Cobra's put down 265-275 stock and the weight is 3,500 pounds. A 08' Bullit puts down about 270-280 stock their trq curve is slightly better then the Cobra and they have 3.55's to your 3.27's and it comes in at 3,600 pounds. Basically it's a drivers race......I would win in what ever car I would drive !!!

cobravenom99

Established Member
yea both cars are stock and i do have the ''Fix'',i am ok at shifting, but i tend to shift always a little on the early side cuz the car always feels like its going to blow up at high rpms, only (14,0000 Miles on the car) and it runs great. I have a flowmaster american thunder catback on my cobra, but i know they dont really improve perfomance at all. what do you stock guys say i should launch it at, but i dont want to hurt my car either, but i have to win lol. Any suggestions or questions? i really need to win lol.

kevin01cobra

Friendly MerShaq
Established Member
unless you have a supercharger your not telling us about then you shouldnt blow anything, god created a rev limiter for a reason.

cobravenom99

Established Member
by the way the kid is idiot and he says hes gonna smoke me cause he has ''340 HP'' stock lol (which he goes around telling everyone) , but too bad bullits only have 315 hp.

01YellowCobra23

SNAKE CHARMED
Established Member
seen a stock 08 bullit dyno at 290hp with just about same in tq....its a drivers race but sounds like you got the edge cuz the kid is cocky..most cocky people tend to slip up if they think they got an "easy win"....rap them gears out and dont miss shifts and you should pull em

good luck and get it on video

99CobraRC

Established Member
Have you had a lot of practice launching your car? If not I would race from a roll.

I don't want to bring up wheel hop... DOH! to late.

JoePac

Established Member
Have you had a lot of practice launching your car? If not I would race from a roll.

I don't want to bring up wheel hop... DOH! to late.

That don't come in to about 350 rwhp homer. I would go from 30 mph in first and shift at 6,300 rpm then in second and third take it to 6,600 rpm. That is your best chance. This story would be over if you can get 4.30 gears!!! Can you get them? gears install=500-700$$$

01YellowCobra23

SNAKE CHARMED
Established Member
i had wheel hop when i was stock with 287hp...wheel hop is always there unless you got some good sticky tires or some suspension work

Users who are viewing this thread