99 Cobra vs 96 Saleen S281 w/vortech

281cobra

Drive by poster
Established Member
Went down to the local streetracing hangout in philly last night. It was mostly the import crowd hanging out and a couple of 5.0's. I was just getting ready to leave when I see a Saleen S281 vert coming down the street. He parks on the other side of the street. I make a quick u-turn and park next to the guy. I ask him if it's a real Saleen he sez yes then I ask if it's supercharged he sez yes again. So then i ask him if it's a Saleen or aftermarket supercharger he said it was a Vortech. Anyway we decide to line them up. I turn off the tc bring up the revs and the starter drops his hand and we're off. I'm spinning tires all the way through first gear then bang second and the car gets sideways. I catch it and by the time I hit third he's got a 3-4 car lead so he win the first round. We go back and park I told him that second gear shift scared the shit out of me because a tractor trailer was just passing me (going in the opposite direction) when I got sideways. His buddy said "yeah man I saw that shit". So we decide to go again. This time I take it easy on the start, got very little wheelspin I had a fender on him through first then I powershifted the 1-2 shift (perfect :-D ) now he on my rear bumper then another perfect shift on the 2-3 shift. I ended up winning by 1-2 car lengths. We wanted to do a rubber match but the cops showed up and everybody did the f+f style escape. Nice to know I can hang with a supercharged 96-98 V8 stang. :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread