99 Cobra vs 86-87 GN

281cobra

Drive by poster
Established Member
There wasn’t much to do last night so I headed over to the local street racing hangout in Philly. When I got there the place was dead. I saw a couple of ricers cruising around but no racing going on. I went over to a dance club a few blocks away and right after I parked I notice quite a few ricers rolling up and down the street. Then I heard the unmistakable sound of V8 loudmouth mufflers come screaming down the street. Two LT1 Camaros came racing by and then I notice a bunch of cars down at the other end of the street. The next thing you know it was one race after the other. There were a nice variety of cars out there last night. The best race was between a GN and a riced out mid to late 90’s Cobra (body kit, clear taillights, big wing) these two raced to what I would call a tie. Nobody had a clear advantage and the Cobra sounded pretty healthy it might have been a build 5.0 from the sound of it. Just when I was ready to join the action the cops showed up and chased everyone off. I thought to myself “oh well” and went on into the club, which also turned out to be dead. Went ahead and got myself a drink and got the hell out of there. When I got back outside I saw that the racers were back so I decided to follow them to see what was happening. They started parking on both sides of the street I went ahead and parked too. After a few minutes they started racing again. The GN and the LT1 Camaro went at it and when they pass me the GN had a car on the LT1. Then the GN went up against a 01 GT and had a car on him too when they pass me. When the GN turned around his passenger motion to me to see if I wanted to go. I was like “hell I know I’m fastest than the GT” and motion back OK let do it. After we lined up the conversation went something like this.

Him…is that a 03?
Me….I wish, no it’s a 99
Him…any mods?
Me….just exhaust and a K+N, you?
Him…bigger turbo and some little stuff. We need a starter.

Then he yells to some guy who comes over to give us a start. I turned off the TC and started to bring my revs up but the starter got in front of us and just raises his hands and dropped them. The GN got the jump while I sat there spinning my tires but he was also spinning his tires too. By the top of first I was on his rear fender I bang second (love the Tri-ax ) and started to pull even. By the time I hit third I had like a half a car on him then we had to shut them down. After the race the cops showed up again so we got out of there. We did get to talk a little, cool guy and a cool car. He said he hadn't taking the car to the track yet and he was still trying to sort the car out. He also said he was hoping to get low 13's or high 12's out of it.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Awesome kill, dude! GN's with bigger turbos can be badass...:thumbsup: Your car is no slouch, obviously :beer:

Glad to hear word about the '03s has hit the streets :-D

shoguy

postwhore in training
Established Member
ah grand nationals are some awsome cars ...specially seeing that there 13+ years old!
good kill man

Users who are viewing this thread