99 cobra vs 05-09 GT

Butterybunz

Established Member
Driving to O'Reileys to return a spring compressor, an 05-09 GT catches up to me. It was a black coupe, with red leather interior and a young guy driving. I was in my 99 vert top-down with my saleen speedster cover on and still had on my winter tires on stock 99 gt wheels...

Guy honks it off from a 40 roll and we go. I instantly get a 1 car jump on him and hold it to about 80 where he starts inching on me. We had to back out because of traffic.

I could tell he had at least exhaust since it was very loud, but not sure on anything else. I think the only reason he started inching on me was because my top was down and the faster we got the more wind resistance I had. I am completely stock, not a signal performance mod.

I gave him a thumbs up and was on my way.

Last edited:

Butterybunz

Established Member
nice kill. Any plans for the car?

I spent all I think I'm going to spend this year, and just enjoy the car in it's stock (engine wise) form for the summer. Next year I hope to be having some sort of FI, most likely a 75 wet shot of nitrous.

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
Nice run man..Way to hold him off..
I think the issue is not that the top was down, it is the fact that you have a ragtop.;-)

The vert does add some weight.. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread