99 cobra vs 04 Viper

fast_cobra_r

fast_cobra_R
Established Member
I have a guy thats wants to race me very very badly. He wants to wager $250 per race. 1st race is 0-100mph. 2nd race is 40-120mph and the 3rd race is from point a to point b witch is about 1 1/2 miles. The street would be closed off and it is brand new black top. He is completely stock and my mods are listed below. I also have 4.30 gears in it now. Should I risk it?

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Point A to point B...you will get beat :poke:

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
If the newer vipers are as fast as the ACR's then I would be careful. I had my handsful with a ACR and a modded GTS (full exhaust, cai) when I raced my vipers. I'm making right at 500 rwhp and weigh around 3800-3900 lbs. I have 3.90 gears as well. Top end he will catch you if your in front of him slightly. I know they have about the same torque and similar horsepower. Be carefull.

C5_z51_6spd

Banned
from 0-100, go for it. 40-120, im going to go with the viper. from point a to point b, the viper will cover that 1 1/2 mile before you even get to the 3/4 mile marker.

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
If you run some sticky tires, you should get him pretty good out of the hole and be plenty capable of holding him off past the 1/4 mile mark. You have the edge from a roll too, you should be able to pull him from every speed.

As for the 3rd race, I assume that's like road racing on the street? :D In that case the Viper wins. But feel confident in the straight line races, it's tricky to get a Viper off the line and he will probably spin a decent bit from the 40 punch, but that depends a lot on the temperature and what kind of a driver he is.

fast_cobra_r

fast_cobra_R
Established Member
Well I think it should be fun! the point 3rd race is still just a drag race, no corners at all. I don't dare do more power I still have the stock bottom end! 100shot would kill my motor wouldn'r it?

C5_z51_6spd

Banned
fast_cobra_r said:
Well I think it should be fun! the point 3rd race is still just a drag race, no corners at all. I don't dare do more power I still have the stock bottom end! 100shot would kill my motor wouldn'r it?

yep, the rod will window the block before you even get a chance to feel the torque increase.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
In a mile I think I could top my car out... Which is retarded and not to mention not safe at all. The 3rd race I would pass on.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
The first two could go either way, drivers race. The third race will be a blood bath as the viper will be doing ~180 and will probably be football fields ahead

97cobraheaven

Established Member
if the 3rd race was not a straight line that would be cool. some serious stop and go, but that could be very dangerous unless it is completely deserted

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
Depends on whether you can drive. You're outpowering him, and the weight is VERY close. IF you can hook, he'll be looking at taillights, until about 130.

He'd probly walk up top due to D/C, TALL gears, but it doesn't matter, becuase the race is over @ 120, go kill the garden snake.

Btw, only so the first 2 races, you'll beathim those 2, but Vipers are built for high speed runs, plus yoru gears are WAY to short. Race1&2=Yours, Race 3=Viper.

Last edited:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
BmoseleyINC said:
Depends on whether you can drive. You're outpowering him, and the weight is VERY close. IF you can hook, he'll be looking at taillights, until about 130.

He'd probly walk up top due to D/C, TALL gears, but it doesn't matter, becuase the race is over @ 120, go kill the garden snake.

Btw, only so the first 2 races, you'll beathim those 2, but Vipers are built for high speed runs, plus yoru gears are WAY to short. Race1&2=Yours, Race 3=Viper.

He has no more than 10-15rwhp more MAYBE, and at least 50rwtq less than the viper. So they are very close in power output.

If they are both on street tires it'll could go either way.

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
GTSpartan said:
He has no more than 10-15rwhp more MAYBE, and at least 50rwtq less than the viper. So they are very close in power output.

If they are both on street tires it'll could go either way.

I was under the impression it was a GTS, not an an srt-10. Now it makes sense why people are saying it will be close, I was thinking, that cobra will walk a GTS!

It should be close if the viper can drive, he will have to play catch up from a dig though. 460rwhp, 430's in a cobras, yeah it's gonna be ugly outta the hole, if he can hook.

fast_cobra_r

fast_cobra_R
Established Member
Thanks for all the info! I think I will follow your advice and skip the 3rd race. I am a great driver and the guy in the viper is an average joe. I thought about gettin me some bgf drag radials B4 the race.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
fast_cobra_r said:
I am a great driver and the guy in the viper is an average joe.

O RLY :bored:

I bet you have Geico Insurance too

Users who are viewing this thread