99 Cobra Teksid block

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Block is out of a '99 cobra. It's had water in the cylinders and needs to be taken .020" over to clean up the cylinder walls. Block was like this when I bought it. There's no other damage to the block. I bought this block as part of a package deal that came with another block that's already been bored .020" and Ill be using that block for the #26 car. I thought about keeping this block and building it for my '99 but financially that's not possible at this time. Post reasonable offers.

Shipping costs will be the bitch of this deal. I will say upfront that I shoot straight on the shipping costs. Too many assholes gouge people on shipping. I dont like that and wont do it. I shoot straight and I expect the same, no low ballers. Thanks 2881

SVTowner2B

Established Member
Will the coolant passages oil passages ect... be okay? I need to take it 20 over for my build anyway are you sure this will clean it up enough? I already have the pistons so I can't go any more than that..Thanks
Tom

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
I'l get you some pics as soon as I get some.
With a hot tanking they'll clean right up, Ill have a local engine builder look at the bores to get a second opinion. I think .020" will clean them right up. I'll post up what he says.
Anthony

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
99COBRA2881 said:
I'l get you some pics as soon as I get some.
With a hot tanking they'll clean right up, Ill have a local engine builder look at the bores to get a second opinion. I think .020" will clean them right up. I'll post up what he says.
Anthony

I'm interested as well and would like to know what your local engine builder has to say about it. Obviously I'm second in line here but if SVTowner doesnt want it, I'll most likely buy it from you.

SVTowner2B

Established Member
How much would your builder charge to tank it and bore it before it shipped to me....Assuming you know this guy does good work. I don't have anyone lined up to do the machine work yet and if he can do it right I'd just as soon send you the clearence for the pistons and get the block ready to go.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
I can do that, Ive got the price quotes from the other build right here in front of me.

Hot tank $50.00
Bore $56.00-$100

They may want the piston itself and will want to know what your plans are for the motor. Boodt spray n/a. They asked me all these questions.

SVTowner2B

Established Member
NA with nitrous at the track occasionally. Sending a piston isn't a problem. I'm going to check with one place here on the machine work. I know it might be a PITA for you to take it and stuff. My main concern it that 20 over will sufficiently clean it up. PM me what you want to get out of the block... we should probably make sure we're on the same page before we figure out too much.....lol

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
I talked to my local engine builder and he thought .020" should clean it up, said he's taken blocks out of junkyards that sat with no heads on them for 10 years and took them .030" over and they cleaned up perfect. He said there may be some small light brown spots in the cylinder walls depending on how bad the rust is but as long as there was no pitting of the cylinder walls then everything would be ok.
Im still going to ask him to stop by and take a look at it to make sure that this block will be ok with .020" over. Im not going to pawn off something that someone can't use. If thats the case Ill keep it for myself, resleeve it and go to a big bore. I wont sell junk. Thanks for the interest. I appreciate it
Anthony

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
This is not a pic of the actual block but this is what the top of the block looks like, WAP blocks have more visible reinforcements they look stronger when in reality they're not as strong.
attachment.php

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
bouncer18 said:
How much you want for the block

and your sure this is a teksid (F2LE) ?

F2LE would refer to an earlier teksid or 96-98 block with jackscrew type preloading bolts for the side of the main cap.

99+ teksid blocks are numbered XR3E-6010-CA and use a TTY bolt.

bouncer18

Established Member
if you come down on the price let me know.. I have found a few (not 99 cobra's) Mark VIII teksids for about half the price...

thanks for the PM tho

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
What's up K,

I've got a game plan for the .020' over block. Ross 12:1 c/r pistons, Ross I beam rods with Road race wrist pins, ATI damper, Ill be cleaning up the heads, mild port and polish is all, FR500 cam kit b/c it has new valves, springs, and roller followers, port the intake, ported stock TB (it all adds up right)

Cost also adds up. Thats why I cant afford to hang onto both blocks, Ill probably regret letting it go but that doesnt pay for building the other engine.

KGblack99cobra

Back N Black
Established Member
Damn Ant, Sounds like you got a good game plan... Im fighting a cooling issue right now in my car, and sure do miss my Pile of Cobra parts that I had to pass on...
Let me know how everything turns out cant wait to see all that stuff put to use!
Oh and yea FOR SURE IT ALL ADDS UP QUICK!

bigpapa

Established Member
99COBRA2881 said:
What's up K,

I've got a game plan for the .020' over block. Ross 12:1 c/r pistons, Ross I beam rods with Road race wrist pins, ATI damper, Ill be cleaning up the heads, mild port and polish is all, FR500 cam kit b/c it has new valves, springs, and roller followers, port the intake, ported stock TB (it all adds up right)

Cost also adds up. Thats why I cant afford to hang onto both blocks, Ill probably regret letting it go but that doesnt pay for building the other engine.
who told you ross sells rods and what are road race wrist pins. Ross sells tool steel and 4340 taper end pins.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
No one.
'road race wrist pins' is a name for pins with heavier wall thickness. Better suited for road race and endurance events.

Users who are viewing this thread