99 Cobra Roller with 351w transplant. Questions.

skratpiece

Established Member
Hello SVTP. Feels good to be back on here. Long time. I no longer have the silver vert in my sig. It's been 4 years without a Cobra Convertible and it's been long overdue. I'm picking up a 99 Cobra Convertible Roller that had it's drivetrain and brakes stripped. I've scouted out a 94/95 K member to drop my built 351w under the hood. I've got a SN95 Length T5 to bolt up to it. My first question is pertaining to the driveshaft.
1. Will the 99 Cobra driveshaft yoke slide into a T5?
2. Which rear brake calipers and rotors do I need for the IRS?
3. I intend to use a Fox Mustang Harness for the EFI using an A9L. Any recommendations for the wiring?
4. I'm considering selling the IRS for a SRA. Any opinions? How much are they asking for a 99 IRS?
5. Any other concerns I should have about the functionality of the wiring that I'm attempting?
6. Curious about which accessory drive I should run and how to run my electric fan.

That's about it. The rest is pretty straight forward. It's gonna be a 99 Cobra Vert with a 450HP high compression 351w. Car will be a cruiser. No racing. Maybe see autocross. I know some of you will think that it's a little unusual to reverse engineer a 99 Cobra like this, but I do have a liking for doing things a little differently and this is a project I want to see through. Thanks.

Last edited:

skratpiece

Established Member
00J0J_d0pzPetXSls_600x450.jpg

IMG_20150713_144402510.jpg

IMG_20150220_190104910.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread