99 Cobra recalls?

kpyzfrwon

Established Member
How would a person with a used 99 Cobra know if the recalls have been done or not? Simply call local Ford dealer, issue serial # so they can check?

Didn't the 99 Cobra have a less than stated horsepower figure from Ford so they installed some new intake manifold or something?

Any help please?

Eye-candy for any sportbikers out there.....

AzDropTop

Established Member
call 1 800 ford svt with the vin # from the car and they can tell you if there are any recalls that need to be done. The HP problem was taken care by cleaning up the intake (they were rough), new exhaust (look for 7590 or 7950 stamped on the mufflers), and they reflashed the computer. Look on the left shock tower I believe for proof of that. Other recalls included rear knuckle joint, e-brake, speedo cable and possibly hood latch. Not sure if that was actually a recal or just a fix. Good luck.:beer:

martinj4

There is also a visual way to see if you had the recall done.

1) The new lower intake will have either a blue or green dot where it bolts to the block.

2) The new catback exhaust has "7509" stamped on the bottom of the mufflers, I am not sure what the original mufflers were.

3) The computer was re-flashed and there should be a sticker on the inside of your hood with the re-flash program and date.

Hope this helps.

kpyzfrwon

Established Member
Well I found the green dot on the block, just to the right of the intake as u look at it.

Haven't had a chance to jack car up yet for "7509"on muffler.

Couldn't see the sticker for the computer flash.

I will call the 1800 svt to double check. Thanks guys!!!

martinj4

Calling SVT is the best way to be sure that the car had the recall done. I am almost positive it did because you have the dot on your lower intake. Just a side note, my hood doesn't have the computer re-flash sticker either, but I have the paperwork to prove the recall was done. Good luck with you car.

snowmancobra

Established Member
my car has the sticker saying pcm reflashed I havent checked the other stuff but I would assume if the pcm reflashed thing was said to be done then it was all done right?

martinj4

More than likely snowman, but like I said earlier...the best way to be certain is to call SVT with your vin #. They can tell you everything about the car in about 5 minutes. Good luck

AzDropTop

Established Member
Originally posted by snowmancobra
my car has the sticker saying pcm reflashed I havent checked the other stuff but I would assume if the pcm reflashed thing was said to be done then it was all done right?

I've got the sticker and the # on the Mufflers, but no green or black dot. So much for consistancy...:dw:

Users who are viewing this thread