99 cobra mph gauge not working??????

oscarhdz

Established Member
i just complete my swap from a 99 v6 to a 99 cobra complete, engine, tranny, irs, harness, ecu, gauge cluster. but i start the engine and everything works fine, just the mph gauge and the oil preassure arent working? does anyone know what could it be, or have any harness diagrams to check them out maybe they are plug somewhere else, or somehting, please help me out!!!!!!! thanks.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I would think the speed sensor in the tranny would be the culprit for the speedo. I don't know how to check to see if it's working though. Are you sure the oil pressure sending unit is in the correct spot?

oscarhdz

Established Member
do you know where does the sensor goes? and yes teh oil preassure sensor its where its supossed to be, but i dont know if the plug its that one, like i said im new in the cobra stuff, i was a v6 person, but now i have a cobra but dont know a lot of stuff.

wallie40

Established Member
The oil sensor is mounted on the bottom of the engine next to the oil filter. It has one wire that runs from it. I believe that it is in the starter harness that runs in front of the engine next to the k member.

On the MPH do your gauges sweep when the battery is disconnected and reconnected?

-Paul

oscarhdz

Established Member
ok letme check that harness, and the battery was conected when the cluster was installed, cause i needed to configure the chip of my key cause like i swap the ecu and the cluster i needed to reprogram the key

oscarhdz

Established Member
yes, the complete cluster was sweep, cause my old cluster was the oem from the v6, and it only had 120mph, and the cobra has 160mph, so i sweep it, for correct meassures on mph and rpms

01yellercobra

Established Member
I think there's some confusion here. What wallie means by sweeping is that after the battery has been disconnected and then reconnected all the gauge needles will sweep to the right, then back to zero when you turn the key.

oscarhdz

Established Member
oh, the cluster work, even when i turn the car on, the oil preassure needle goes up a little like to 0 and thats it, you know cause when you turn of the car, the neddles goes more down than 0. i dont know if i explain my self. but yes the cluster works.

wallie40

Established Member
That oil pressure switch is really just a on and a off switch. It only detects if pressure drops below 5psi if i remember correctly.

Ok, i am still looking to figure out if your gauges are working properly. Do you get a RPM reading?

-Paul

oscarhdz

Established Member
yeah i have rpm reading, but i want the oil preassure gauge cause if the preassure goes down im not going to know and im going to brake the engine,

Users who are viewing this thread