'99 Cobra Fuel Pump Question..??

themadgmkillr

99 Cobra...Yeah Baby..!!
Established Member
First of all what is stock on our 99-01's, and if we upgrade what is best twin '03 Cobra Pumps/twin SVT Focus Pumps/Boost a pump/little monkey with a jerry can...? :smmon: I mean how hard is this, can't we just buy a larger pump...what is the fuss with this..??

Please explain how a twin pump setup works in our current setup and tell me why I'm confused when it comes to this :??:

Last of all are any of these options bolt on or are we talking extensive modifications using crazy glue and an arc welder...Please Help..!!?????

railroad

Established Member
themadgmkillr said:
First of all what is stock on our 99-01's, and if we upgrade what is best twin '03 Cobra Pumps/twin SVT Focus Pumps/Boost a pump/little monkey with a jerry can...? :smmon: I mean how hard is this, can't we just buy a larger pump...what is the fuss with this..??

Please explain how a twin pump setup works in our current setup and tell me why I'm confused when it comes to this :??:

Last of all are any of these options bolt on or are we talking extensive modifications using crazy glue and an arc welder...Please Help..!!?????

Not being a smarta$$, but I do not see anything in your signature that would warrant a larger fuel pump.

themadgmkillr

99 Cobra...Yeah Baby..!!
Established Member
thanks for not being a smarta$$ but I'm here for knowledge and for a possible future mod that will require a different set-up so I'm asking for advice from people that know what they're talking about and can bring something to the table please!!

railroad

Established Member
themadgmkillr said:
thanks for not being a smarta$$ but I'm here for knowledge and for a possible future mod that will require a different set-up so I'm asking for advice from people that know what they're talking about and can bring something to the table please!!

Must have over looked that in your first post.
Check out the Kenne Bell threads under 4V mod and KB tech on the modularford.com site
Here is something else for the table, use the search feature.
Keep the holiday attitude.

themadgmkillr

99 Cobra...Yeah Baby..!!
Established Member
thanks papa, anything on the SVT Focus pump/s adn how if any a so called "twin" set-up works with our tanks..?

mikew1000

Established Member
From what I remember you can use the dual pumps from the 03 Cobra in the stock 99/01 tank but you can't run past a 1/4 tank becasue there is no sump. I remember reading something on Corral from Joe Lynch but not 100% sure.

I have both the 03 Cobra tank/pump combination and will probably upgrade to the SVT Focus pumps soon. I was told that the FPDM will need to upgraded and possibly the wire size if I do the upgrade. Currently I have made 470rwhp/490rwtq with no problems.

themadgmkillr

99 Cobra...Yeah Baby..!!
Established Member
mikew1000 said:
From what I remember you can use the dual pumps from the 03 Cobra in the stock 99/01 tank but you can't run past a 1/4 tank becasue there is no sump. I remember reading something on Corral from Joe Lynch but not 100% sure.

I have both the 03 Cobra tank/pump combination and will probably upgrade to the SVT Focus pumps soon. I was told that the FPDM will need to upgraded and possibly the wire size if I do the upgrade. Currently I have made 470rwhp/490rwtq with no problems.

How do dual pumps fit in a single pumps hole :read:

NXSVTCOBRA

bigpapa said:
well 03 pumps will not fit in your tank you have to swap the tank too. I would just buy an aviator pump. They will support about 500-550 rwhp depending on your set up and injectors. They sell for 175 and are a direct fit.
http://ipsmotorsports.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_52_64&products_id=495

when i was looking 4 a fuel pump i was going to get an 03/04 set-up, and i was told by a mustang shop that it will fit the 99/01 fuel tank, have i tried it?? no, so im not 100% sure

as far as the aviator pump, you WILL need a tune once you switch over to one..... you'll see what i mean if you switch over to one

99SVTAddict

Established Member
The 03 dual pumps will fit in the 99/01 tank...but as already said, you can't run it under a 1/4 tank due to no baffles. In certain conditions it could suck out all the surrounding fuel causing a temporary lean condition....that would be bad.

Not sure what pump comes stock with the 99.....good question.

With the Aviator pumps, I've read that it draws too much power and you would have to run a thicker guage wire to power it. I've been hearing good things about the SVT Focus pumps.

Then there's the Boost-A-Pump...basically it gives the fuel pumps a jump in amps causing it to pump more fuel.

Here's some good information for you to read up on:
Returnless Fuel Systems

99cobrajms

Established Member
I am running 2003 tank and pumps, was great until 550RWPH when she leaned hard after 6300 RPMs. I took the cheap route and added the KB BAP and all is good now. I am still running stock 99 rails and regulator. I did consider the aviator pump instead of BAP but decided to go with the BAP and keep my 2003 pumps. I am running 571 RWPH with this setup.

J

Users who are viewing this thread