Needs:
foglights

New parts:
Alternator
battery
plugs and fuel filter have about 10K miles
also has new brake pads about 3000K miles
Fresh Royal purple oil.

Car weighed in at 3140 w/ out back seat or spare.
Ran 12.77@109 w/ a 1.79 60ft on Nitto drag radials

asking $13,500.

AND! Car was wrecked in front right. Drives great, has a little slack in steering but not much.
PM Tony 96 Cobra or me Cobra96Grl , also no trades selling car to buy new truck
99Cobra1004-resized.jpg

Last edited:

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
I didn't think so either about the leather, and I doubt you get that much for it with those miles and the fact it has been wrecked. I have a 99, white, tan leather, 37k miles, catback, triax and jlt, and I bet I would be lucky to get 16,000 for it. But good luck!

cobradude

SVT DUDE
Established Member
I seen it in the for sale forums and uh....Honestly it looks preety bad,I would guess 8,500 for it.If it's a Cobra(can't tell)

green99_svt

Established Member
[according to yellow mustang registry there was only one white cobra convertable made in 1999 with a cloth interior. interior color was not specified however. and there were no white coupes made with cloth. if for some reason it is a real cobra with cloth that would be one rare car
http://yellowmustangregistry.com/Production99Cobra.htm

Last edited:

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
TrueBlueGT said:
Why do I think this car is a GT w/ some cobra stuff as opposed to a cobra w/ some GT stuff???

Here's why I call BS:
Although it has cobra tails, emblems (oh that means it HAS to be real), and bumper, it does not have front foglights at all because they don't come in the kit with some cobra front bumpers. Also, it has GT brakes (back and front), and GT rims. Who the hell downgrades from 13" binders to stock GT brakes and why would you ditch cobra rims to downgrade to gt rims like everybody else has????

blown01cobra

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
TrueBlueGT said:
Here's why I call BS:
Although it has cobra tails, emblems (oh that means it HAS to be real), and bumper, it does not have front foglights at all because they don't come in the kit with some cobra front bumpers. Also, it has GT brakes (back and front), and GT rims. Who the hell downgrades from 13" binders to stock GT brakes and why would you ditch cobra rims to downgrade to gt rims like everybody else has????

A lot of cobra drivers switch to cloth seats and gt front brakes. The brake allow for welds to fit much easier and not as much grinding( I am going to probably go this route). The cloth seat save weight just ask Bob Cosby (he had cloth v-6 seats in his 99 cobra).

blown01cobra

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
Not on drag radials... That short time is the norm for a geared cobra. It has no UCA's or LCA's, no drag suspenion so 1.79 on DR's is doing pretty damn good. My car weighs less than that one and with a full drag suspenion I still spin DR's.

cobra96grl

Established Member
TnPaulMan said:
Umm, I don't think any cobra came with out leather seats.

Never said the cobra came with out leather seats..... we took the leather out for weight reduction......

cobra96grl

Established Member
TrueBlueGT said:
Here's why I call BS:

OMG you guys are amazing!!! Downgraded to the GT Brakes because my husband was... going to put welds on the car, and the cobra brakes were too big! There is no leather in the car cause when we got it we traded w/cash to a guy for GT seats for weight reduction. The Gt wheels are on the car cause when we bought it, it had some big bling bling wheels on it and we sold them, and we had a set of Gt's just sitting at the house. Good idea to question instead of bashing..... oh and there are no front fog lights due to the accident they were not put back in...but if you like i can sure give you the VIN on the car and you can pull that bitch up and see that we dont b/s around and try to sale a GT as a Cobra, thats just wrong!!!

by the way new best time at the track friday night, 12.74 @107 Fully street w/kuhmo's on the rear

cobra96grl

Established Member
cobradude said:
I seen it in the for sale forums and uh....Honestly it looks preety bad,I would guess 8,500 for it.If it's a Cobra(can't tell)

tell me how you think this car looks pretty bad!!!!!!! Honestly... I have a really shitty digital camera, this car is in damn good condition!!

cobra96grl

Established Member
Husband is at work in car right now, will post pics of engine and will post VIN, also if you notice in my husbands sig. (Tony 96 Cobra) you can see that the build number of our His 99 cobra is 2656, and mine for my 96 cobra is 3237

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
cobra96grl said:
OMG you guys are amazing!!! Downgraded to the GT Brakes because my husband was... going to put welds on the car, and the cobra brakes were too big! There is no leather in the car cause when we got it we traded w/cash to a guy for GT seats for weight reduction. The Gt wheels are on the car cause when we bought it, it had some big bling bling wheels on it and we sold them, and we had a set of Gt's just sitting at the house. Good idea to question instead of bashing..... oh and there are no front fog lights due to the accident they were not put back in...but if you like i can sure give you the VIN on the car and you can pull that bitch up and see that we dont b/s around and try to sale a GT as a Cobra, thats just wrong!!!

by the way new best time at the track friday night, 12.74 @107 Fully street w/kuhmo's on the rear

Then I stand corrected and you have my apologies. You just never know what people will try to pull over the internet these days. TTT for a cobra :beer:

Last edited:

cobra96grl

Established Member
TrueBlueGT said:
Then I stand corrected and you have my apologies. You just never know what people will try to pull over the internet these days. TTT for a cobra :beer:

ok thankyou and your apologies are accepted.. :)

Users who are viewing this thread