99 Cobra Diff Housing

Crimson Fox

Established Member
Hey, anyone have one of these sitting around that they want to get rid of? I need one ASAP. Thanks.

Nick

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
i am looking for $260 shipped. unfortunately, there are two other people ahead of you at the moment(they PMed me before you replied). if at all interested let me know. thanks!

p.s. my name is Nick too :thumbsup:

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
Just pull one out of a Thunderbird man. It would be a hell of a lot cheaper, and you would be getting a cast iron one instead of flex happy aluminum.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Mark VIII lincoln uses the same pumpkin as well. And to clarify on the above its V-8 birds (possibly supercoupes) so you don't go to a salvage yard and get one for a sixer bird.

Charles236

Established Member
I have used the Thunderbird pumpkin in my IRS. Works great, it is plenty strong. It does add close to 20 pounds though, I weighed mine and the aluminum pumpkin at the time I swapped them out. I say close to 20 pounds because I used a Detroit Truetrac differential and a set of Motive Gear 3.90s in the T-bird pumpkin vs. the factory limited slip and 3.55s. I believe the gears were close in weight, but the Truetrac seems to be a bit heavier than the stock limited slip.

Crimson Fox

Established Member
Nick, I am interested if the others don't come through. I need it right away so let me know and I can have your money ASAP. Also, can you check to see what a shipping upgrade would cost? Something like 3 day.
Thanks.
-Nick

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
sounds good! i will let you know as soon as i find out(should be tonight). also, it looks like to upgrade to 3 day shipping is going to be a $25 difference. i'll let you know when i find out. thanks!

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
Mach1chuck said:
I have used the Thunderbird pumpkin in my IRS. Works great, it is plenty strong. It does add close to 20 pounds though, I weighed mine and the aluminum pumpkin at the time I swapped them out. I say close to 20 pounds because I used a Detroit Truetrac differential and a set of Motive Gear 3.90s in the T-bird pumpkin vs. the factory limited slip and 3.55s. I believe the gears were close in weight, but the Truetrac seems to be a bit heavier than the stock limited slip.

Correct, but that 20lbs in the rear isn't exactly a bad thing... :beer:

Crimson Fox

Established Member
Yeah really. Expecially because I live in Utah where it snows most of the year, lol. A little extra weight helps me keep it on the ground.

-Nick

Users who are viewing this thread