99 cobra cranks but doesn't start? Help please

bobbystang

Hsssssss
Established Member
So I tried starting my car and it cranks but it will not start. From looking up things online the likely culprit is a bad fuel pump but I do hear the fuel pump turn on every time the key is in the on position. Anybody have experience with this? Crankshaft position sensor maybe or getting a spark to the plugs etc.? Who has experience w this? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Ironmancuck

Banned
Established Member
Do the easy shit first: check for fuel in the tank, is the theft light blinking? Does the odometer have a bunch of dashes? Check fuses, check for codes. Check all power and grounds. Check all relevant electrical connections.

If nothing out of the ordinary turns up after doing all of the above then check the fuel pressure and spark or pray to god and start throwing parts at it like everyone else does

bobbystang

Hsssssss
Established Member
Hold off on throwing parts at it. Look at my dumbass post from a few years back. :D Hope it gives you some insight. My issue was a Crank Sensor.

https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/2001-cobra-will-not-start.806408/page-2

Yep I saw this and where is the sensor located? Do I have to lift car to get to it or no? I do have a procharger in there FYI and I pray this is the issue as I did buy the part also.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread