99-04GT H-pipe on a 96 Cobra???

Stolen 98

Established Member
That sucks...I called Americanmuscle today and they told me it would fit. I read on this forum the only difference was the hangers in the middle..?

Hopefully Shane chimes in on this....I spoke with a girl at AM this morning. Needless to say I have one heading to me.

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
Hmm, thats interesting. I had a prochamber, an H pipe and X pipe from 99-04 cars and neither one of them fit on my car.

AMWill

Stolen_98,

Looks like there was a little bit of a mix-up. The exhaust you purchased won't work with a 96-98 Cobra, unfortunately. I'm sorry that you were told otherwise! However, I'll certainly setup a return for you ASAP. Just end me a PM with your order number!

At the moment, we don't have any mid-pipes that mate up to the stock 96-98 Cobra exhaust manifolds. Although, I'm definitely going to bring some in down the road. I didn't realize that we were missing these, since so many guys run long tubes!

I want to apologize again for the mistake on our end. I'll get this straightened out as quickly as possible.

Shane

Stolen 98

Established Member
Thank you!

PM Sent.

I really hope she doesn't get into any trouble...she put me on hold and asked someone else that apparently told her wrong.

I have since read posts saying it would fit and more posts saying it won't. I guess I'm out of luck with getting a Stainless Steel H-pipe. It doesn't appear anyone has it....

Last edited:

Stolen 98

Established Member
I'll probably end up biting the bullet and putting a bbk unit on it....I just hate taking off stainless and replacing it with aluminized steel.

AMWill

Thank you!

PM Sent.

I really hope she doesn't get into any trouble...she put me on hold and asked someone else that apparently told her wrong.

I have since read posts saying it would fit and more posts saying it won't. I guess I'm out of luck with getting a Stainless Steel H-pipe. It doesn't appear anyone has it....

Stolen 98,

Thanks for the quick response. You should be all taken care of by the end of the day with a return tag and refund!

Don't worry, no one will be in trouble. The only thing that will happen is a quick review on those particular exhaust products to clear up any confusion. Everyone makes mistakes!

Shane

Users who are viewing this thread