99-04 Mustang suspension in a 68

testorossa1989

Established Member
Alright so I'm faced with an unusual problem. My 68 needs coilovers and a k-member wouldn't hurt either. I was wondering if anyone here knows if a 99-04 Mustang k-member/coilovers kit would fit a stock 68, bolt on with just shaving the mounts. I'm not sure if it will be longer than the chassis itself. Any input?

Fast69Mach

Established Member
It's not really worth the effort. I had the whole front clip from an 03' Mach 1 on my 69, and it was step in the wrong direction. I ended up going with AJE k-member and a-arms, with SN95 coil overs and camber / caster plates. Only a little welding required, but some careful measurements are needed for doing the c/c plates. I decided to go with Race Craft drop spindles as well, to keep my suspension geometry intact.

What's the unusual problem you're having?

svturbo83

Established Member
@ FAST69Mach : and you didn't have any issues with your AJE kit and the 4.6 as far as how tall it sits in the engine bay ?

Fast69Mach

Established Member
@ FAST69Mach : and you didn't have any issues with your AJE kit and the 4.6 as far as how tall it sits in the engine bay ?

Well, kinda. I ended up doing a few things to get it where I wanted it. I built new motor mounts to drop the motor down further, used some QA1 spacers I've had in my garage for some time to space the steering rack out, and drop it down for more clearance. I also cut and modified the braces on the k-member because I have a 2013 GT500 oil pan.

BLKFOX

Established Member
I'm in the same boat with Fast69Mach, it's alot of work that may not give you the desired results. The suspension is something you want to be dead on, piecing two different cars together can cause some negative effects. If you're looking to improve the ride/handling of the car, there are kits designed for your car that will bolt on and make several geometry corrections and allow you to still use whichever engine/trans you're wanting to. We've actually got a bolt on kit that will make the car very pleasant to drive but still handle amazing. Are you leaving the shock towers in? Or getting rid of them?

Users who are viewing this thread