99-04 Mustang subwoofer box WITH subs $100

*SVT*

What next?
Established Member
I had an aftermarket head unit in my Cobra. In can be wired into the factory system with a line out converter. You would need an amp to power them.

pacos-stang

Established Member
I had an aftermarket head unit in my Cobra. In can be wired into the factory system with a line out converter. You would need an amp to power them.

I also have an aftermarket head unit. What amp would you suggest if I did buy it?

*SVT*

What next?
Established Member
If you have a aftermarket head unit as long as it has RCA outs it's easy to wire up. I had the amp mounted to the back of the box. All you need is an amp and an amp install kit. All the wires I mention will come in the amp install kit. You would have to run a power wire from the battery to the amp. Then a 12v trigger wire from the head unit to the amp. If you used a plug and play connector on your head unit install there is a blue wire that is the 12v trigger wire. Then a ground. I grounded mine to one of the 10mm bolts along the top of where the rear seat snaps in. Then the only thing left is speaker wire from the box to the amp. I'm not big into car audio, but any 2 chanel amp would work. I would recommend something 600 watts or bigger. I have a Crunch 1000 watt amp running them.

LTmach21

Established Member
He made it sound more complicated than it is. He explained everything right, but the post just seems overwhelming lol its really simple. Once you get the headunit out you should be able to see where everything goes. The hardest part in my opinion is hiding the wires ha

*SVT*

What next?
Established Member
He made it sound more complicated than it is. He explained everything right, but the post just seems overwhelming lol its really simple. Once you get the headunit out you should be able to see where everything goes. The hardest part in my opinion is hiding the wires ha

I tried to break it down the best I could. You are right it's very simple to wire in.

I did forget that you have to run the RCA cord from the head unit to the amp, but thats simple too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread