99-04 fuel pump basket question

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
Im swapping out my SVTF pump for a DW300m (340LPH) and contemplating if I need to drill holes in the basket or not. Ive never had any problems with my SVTF pump and fuel starvation. All ive done is delete the PPRV.

My question is this. What is the purpose of the little piece that connects to the top of the pump and to the other tube in the basket? Is it used to bring additional fuel into the basket or into the feed line?

When I did my pprv delete, I left this piece in. Now im reading around, and others are saying to delete that as well.

To the left of the basket.

1028-12.JPG

Last edited:

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
Did some more searching and found my answer on ModdedMustangs. Looks like I was correct.

Im going to leave it in place as I havent had any issues with my SVTF pump.

Something else to think about... see that double connector in the third picture, page 1? the one on top of pump nipple? If you look at it close enough you will see that it is designed to bleed off pump flow(to the rear part of connector) to create a vacuum to pull fuel thru that rear sock filter to aid in filling basket. since you drilled holes your wasting pump flow. either plug it or run hose straight to pump paying extra care not to crimp when installing hat

Users who are viewing this thread