99-04 Aftermarket Intake Manifolds

BigDaveDogg

Keepin' it real.
Established Member
Anyone have any experience with direct replacement manifolds? I came across this one that claims over 20 "dyno proven" horsepower. I'm looking to replace the factory POS, seeing if anyone has anything to say about this particular part or another, here it is... http://www.professional-products.com/manifoldsProductford.php scroll 3/4 of the way down the page.

BTW-Just noticed it isn't on the market until this spring, so it's likely no one has much information on this particular piece. Still, let me know what you think as far as intakes. This looks like a nice piece, hard to say though. I replaced my stock TB and Plenum with the quality parts from Dragon, and $450 later I'm not intending to pay for a P51.

Last edited:

Fast99Snake

IRS'd GT
Established Member
for that much u might be able to pick up a bullitt intake
doubtful any intake manifold will give u 20 horsepower unless u r boosting or it has individual throttle bodies which im sure it doesnt
im too lazy to look at it tho
sorry

BigDaveDogg

Keepin' it real.
Established Member
Fast99Snake said:
for that much u might be able to pick up a bullitt intake
doubtful any intake manifold will give u 20 horsepower unless u r boosting or it has individual throttle bodies which im sure it doesnt
im too lazy to look at it tho
sorry
haha, I don't believe a manifold alone will net 20hp NA either.

mf150

Psi Chi
Established Member
BigDaveDogg said:
haha, I don't believe a manifold alone will net 20hp NA either.

Yeah, there was an article in Modified Mustang this month about the PPI intake...they claimed it gained 25 HP, but I seriously question this...they said that the asking price is $700. I've heard, from people who sell thsiu product, the the casting in the runners are rough and can be thoroughly machined, which is something that they do not do for you...

Users who are viewing this thread