99/01 cobra VS 2007 GT

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
So I just got done working out and it was all dried up. I start to pull out of the gym and I see a clean Dark shadow gray mustang go by me. Next light i get behind him as my motor isnt warm yet and just follow him towards my neck of the wood, thinking "his car is louder then mine." As we get towards my house he turns on a empty street and i follow. My motors warm so i creep next to him and drop to 2nd and goose it. I saw him look over and drop to 2nd to we line em up.

From a 45 roll in 2nd. I get a slight jump and throughout 2nd i pull roughly 1 car and i barely touch 3rd and kept pulling him and let off around 80 or so. Before we could get to the next light however, he pulled into a neighborhood so i couldnt ask what he had done. But i saw a snake badge on what looked like a 99/01 cobra but i couldnt tell cause it had a Saleen spoiler on it and aftermarket rims. The thing was louder then my car and I have an Offroad X pipe with a Zoomers Axleback so it definatly wasnt stock. Good clean run all in all

DanTheMan18

Established Member
What are your mods?

+1

Nice kill.

I only had one run in with an 05+ GT, and I walked away pretty steadily from him. Pretty sure he was bone stock, and I can say that if I didn't have my gears, I would've probably had my hands full, would've been a lot closer.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
So you raced him over a 35mph spread and you jumped him off the bat. That doesn't sound like a "good clean race" it sounds pretty shitty.

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
+1

Nice kill.

I only had one run in with an 05+ GT, and I walked away pretty steadily from him. Pretty sure he was bone stock, and I can say that if I didn't have my gears, I would've probably had my hands full, would've been a lot closer.

yours must be a ton faster than my 01. I had 4.11's and a damn mildly modded 350z kept up with me...wasn't long I traded for my termie. I woulda thought a new GT would take my 01.

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
I ran a 06 GT with the 01 Cobra in my sig. His car had X pipe,axle back,C&L intake and a tri axe shifter. My car had Xpipe, Magnaflow catback, BBK CAI, MGW shifter, Nitto drags, and steeda pully's. We ran 2 times from a 35 roll and I walked him hard both times, maybe 3 cars each time. A friend of my family has a 07, stock other than 3.73 gears. He let me drive it and other than being a real comftable ride I was not impressed, I think my bolt on stock motor fox would have been a good run for him.

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
Hmm... does not sound like 99/01 Cobra performance. Could have been a GT or V6 posing as a Cobra...OR his car is in desperate need of a tuneup including new plugs.

I walked an 07-08 GT 2 weeks ago and it was more than 3 car lengths from 0-80.

91frppgt

Banned
I ran a 06 GT with the 01 Cobra in my sig. His car had X pipe,axle back,C&L intake and a tri axe shifter. My car had Xpipe, Magnaflow catback, BBK CAI, MGW shifter, Nitto drags, and steeda pully's. We ran 2 times from a 35 roll and I walked him hard both times, maybe 3 cars each time. A friend of my family has a 07, stock other than 3.73 gears. He let me drive it and other than being a real comftable ride I was not impressed, I think my bolt on stock motor fox would have been a good run for him.

:rolleyes:

DanTheMan18

Established Member
yours must be a ton faster than my 01. I had 4.11's and a damn mildly modded 350z kept up with me...wasn't long I traded for my termie. I woulda thought a new GT would take my 01.

Odd.

I don't have an explanation for that one. I honestly was expecting a better race than it ended up as. Didn't have a chance to talk to the guy afterwards, he ducked out on the next exit. Did exchange thumbs up though. :beer:

MattP 343

Established Member
Nice Kill! :rockon:

I always get a good laugh at the responses in these threads, because people with the car that got beat come out of the woodwork swearing they were beating (Insert OP's Car Here) by many lengths just a few days ago. :bored:

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
I raced an 01 cobra 2-3 weeks ago with a similar outcome so (40 punch and 20punch). All the haters can talk all they want...im 2-0 vs 1999-2001 cobras.

Users who are viewing this thread