99-01 Cobra nitrous plates??

99NCSVT

AKA: Mustang Man
Established Member
Does anyone know if there is any Nitrous company that makes or can make a Plate for the 99-01 Cobra? I would rather have a plate that goes in between the throttle body and the intake, than having a nozzle drilled and stuck into my Cold Air Tube. I have been looking, but haven't found anything. I wonder if there could be a way to make the 03/04 plate work?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

1badblownstang

juiced snake
Established Member
I thought the same thing, but I'm pretty sure the 03/04 Cobra plate actually goes in-between the plentum elbow and the S/C not the plentum and Throttle body, and has a different bolt pattern, than that of the Throttle Body. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

ah, I thought I have seen people make a simple adapter plate?

2001asp

Established Member
Yeah I have seen the NOS plate. It is sweet. NOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS runnn its gonna blowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

1badblownstang

juiced snake
Established Member
the plate in that photo is from a 3v car. Look at NOS's site and that kit comes with a normal soft plume fogger nozzle, not a plate. They make a plate for the SOHC 4.6, 03/04 and 3v. I talked with NOS 2 months ago about it and there was not one, so unless they just put it out don't count on that pic being correct.

Eddie25u

Established Member
the pic is not correct, i looked into it further. and the pic is from a different kit. Just more of a reason to read every detail and research every part before buying it, besides all that how hard could it be to make a plate for 99/01 cobra's? It would be cool and I would spend the extra money to have one.

1badblownstang

juiced snake
Established Member
thanks, I had a feeling that was the case. Not really sure a plate is that much more effective that say a shark nozzle though. I spray 150 through mine without a problem. It does look cool though.

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
NOS and the other nitrous companies are awful for showing pictures and descriptions of products that are similar, but not as specific as they should be for a given application.

Homer

NXSVTCOBRA

I built a direct port for my Cobra when I had it. I removed the intake manifold and machined it for a spray bar to run under the intake runners, I installed jets on each side and it ran good that way. It's not hard to do.

Users who are viewing this thread