99-01 Cobra intake cams?

4a7191a

Established Member
To me they're not worth the trouble. If you want to retain stock springs check out the 106100's from comp. People have had great results with those cams.

TerminatedGT

Established Member
If you have them already yes but if you are buying and don't want to drop 1200 go for the 96-98 cobra ones.

Yes I do have them already and they are 2 degrease less duration then the 96-98's. I am trying to be cheap with this car I am just worried I am going to lose power my 99-01 Cobra was a dog. My auto Mach1 would put them to shape stock

Nightmare90gt

Established Member
I have them in mine it is quick. You need to degree them in to get the most out of them. I installed mine straight when my engine was out but I also have a stroker motor to make up for the Torque I loose. Since you already have them I would go ahead with the install it was a free mod for me since I had 01 cobra heads sitting in my garage. My recommendations are degree them in(don't be like me i should have tp get the most out of them), get the proper tools for timing the motor, depending on miles might want to think about new timing set while it's apart for cam swap.

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I dont see the point in the auto mach. The stock cams are actually really nice for auto. Adding gears, exhaust, CAI, and dyno tune will gain more hp/tq an seat of the pants than 96-01 cams. Plus for the cost of them plus install

TerminatedGT

Established Member
The install is free and I need to do chains in the motor anyway. Just looking for a few people who actually gained power. From what I read I should but that being said my Mach1 is a full second faster then my 99 Cobra was in the 1/4 mile with the same mods and the exception the Mach1 is a Automatic

Users who are viewing this thread