99/01 Cobra converted to Mach 1?

wolves

Established Member
Looking for impressions and opinions from anyone who has made the switch from an 99 or 01 Cobra to a Mach 1. With the rebates and special financing deals out there, it is very, very tempting.
Mach 1's can be had at a great price.

Currently have an 01 Cobra with barely over 300rwhp n/a and 400rwhp on the juice. But that IRS is very shaky.

Just looking for some honest opinions how the transition was and thoughts.

Thanks.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
check out hotrodharry's post. he went from the 03 cobra to the mach 1. he will be able to tell the advatages and disadvages of both.

cant go wrong with either imo.:thumbsup:

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
I have had the Mach 1 for almost a month now and I am in heaven still...just an incredible car!!! I am having a blast! And I just cant stop looking at her in the garage...ahh...love at first sight :D

Here is my post I have up on page three here, comparing the cars.....

I have owned both as most know. The Cobra rides nicer due to the IRS. Drag racing wise...the Mach is better suited. The Mach feels very light while driving..I like that...the Cobra feels heavy. The stock shifter in the Mach is cake to use...the Cobra's stock shifter sucked. The shifter in the mach comes way back to and makes for a much better driving position in stock form. The seats in the Mach have more room for a larger person. I am more comfortable in the Mach 1. I love the looks of the Mach. Look out the windshield and seeing that Shaker is just so cool. The Mach in a 5 speed turns low 13's at 105 to 107...the Cobra turns high 12s at 110 to 111 mph. Handling the Cobra should be better on the twisties , especially when there are bumps in the curve. The Mach is no slouch in handling..very easy to throw around corners...lots of control. I am pretty sure there are alot less issues with problems with the Machs than with the Cobra's. I had no probs with my Cobra..but man...others sure did.

I like the solid rear for drag racing reasons on the Mach 1. They come with sort of a bolt in subframe connector...which is pretty cool.

The Cobra's easy high 11 second potential is amazing...a 2.93 upper pulley,chip,CAI, and catback and you are there.With the Mach ...to get 12's will be easy.....11's takes abit more mods to get there...and the best thing about the easy 12's with the Mach 1.....you dont have to worry about breaking into the 11's and needing a rollcage and longer studs and so on...the Mach 1 can stay stock. And getting out of the hole is going to be a blast in the Mach 1 compared to the Cobra.

Thats about it for now....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread