99-01 Cobra(100 shot) VS SRT-4

BlakeLT1WS6

Established Member
Video of a friends Srt-4 VS a 99-01 Cobra with a 100 shot of nitrous.
The cobra owner is on here so hopefully he will see the vid and give us his input. It was a very close race. I apologize if i sound kinda like an asshole during the race, i got into the moment and later realized how stupid i sounded. The cobra guy was cool about everthing. This video was not made to flame him in anyway. Thanks for some good footage:thumbsup:

Mods are listed in video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfery-XdyyI

downloadable\/ [go towards top right of page, type given "code" in box
wait XXseconds before downloading.]
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SB1F1GLG

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
That cobra couldnt have been using the juice in that race.

Ever see 1320 videos?

There is yellow mach 1 vs stage 2 and stage 3 neons.

From digs the mach 1 killed the neons by a mile and from a roll the stage 3 won by a few cars and stage 2 won by 1 car.

And that mach only had dr, exhaust and maybe intake which is around 300 hp on dynojet.

So a 100 shot vs stage 1 should have been no problem.

snake bite 03

There is no way that cobra could have been spraying. last year i raced a SRT-4 stg 2 at the track and took him by 3 cars. Also last year a SRT-4 W/intake, exhaust, HUGE fmic boost set at 18psi from a 40 roll up to about 100 had him by a car the whole race. At that time all i had was intake, exhaust diablo tune which was running my A/F in the 10's...

BlakeLT1WS6

Established Member
290hp at i think 2900lbs - then 380 at 3600 - sounds about right to me.

the srt-4 isnt slow- he raced a friends 03 cobra with intake and exhaust, 411whp a few months ago, from a first gear roll, the cobra won by about 2 cars which were gained from the initial punch due to traction problems from the neon.- ive got it on video somewhere.

the cobra owner is a member here so maybe he will see this.

he told everyone after the race that he sprayed.

just telling you what i know guys- dont hate me

Kremithefrog

Established Member
I was there. I didn't quite believe it either, but guy was spraying. I'm thinking there was something not quite right but I'm not a mustang expert.
I've also watched that same srt4 beat a mach1 that had exhaust, chip, and maybe one or two other little things.

From a dig, well of course 9 times outta 10 the mustang is gonna beat the srt4. And from a roll, driver can still mess that up a bit. Just like the kid you raced silversnake. There is no reason a srt4 with boost turned up and a couple other mods shouldn't have beat your car with just intake, exhaust, and crappy tune, other than problems with his car or his driving.

I know I'd be doubting it too if I wasn't there, but I know what happened. And the cobra guy knows how to get a hold of the srt4 to race again if he does find he had a problem.

snake bite 03

damn then thats one stout SRT... when i raced that guy on the highway we pulled over after the race and talked for a few min's he didnt say his car was runing funny so idk what happend there...

01vert

Established Member
A 4.10 geared, juiced cobra loses to a stage one neon? Dunno, sounds kinda strange to me. But then I dont race so who knows?

LowNSlowNeon

Established Member
I had a 05 SRT with stage 1/ fmic / boost controller spiking 20 and holding 17 - 18 / street tuned with 11 AFRs across the whole board / 3" downpipe (dump)

I ran a 13.2 at 106 with a 2.0 60 ft.. that's about the best you will get out of the mods I had... 13.1 maybe ...

What are 01 Cobras suppose to run?.. I'd figure a lot faster than a 13.2 with a 100 shot.. something must not be right.

Im not doubting the video.. shit happens on the street....

CobraChris08

Why you pushing me?
Established Member
IMO that was a kick ass video. I wish there was a street like that around me.

What was the song in the video?

PSI87

Banned
Thats just sad. I remember my old SRT-4 with those mods, it was quick... Not something to really brag about. Ignore the Stage 1 Stage 2 bs. It all depends on the bolt ons, I was Stage 1 with a few more mods than the guy that raced and got beat by a stage 0 car. I remember my old srt with 100 more whp than that too, felt incredible, makes me kinda miss it. :( Anyways, i expected more out of the Cobra, that SRT should be trapping <110.

snake bite 03

LowNSlowNeon said:
I had a 05 SRT with stage 1/ fmic / boost controller spiking 20 and holding 17 - 18 / street tuned with 11 AFRs across the whole board / 3" downpipe (dump)

I ran a 13.2 at 106 with a 2.0 60 ft.. that's about the best you will get out of the mods I had... 13.1 maybe ...

What are 01 Cobras suppose to run?.. I'd figure a lot faster than a 13.2 with a 100 shot.. something must not be right.

I ran a 13.2@107 W/Intake,Exhaust shitty street tires and a bad tune...a cobra with gears 100 shot N2o and basic bolt on's should be in the low 12's...

K Stang

Spooolin'
Established Member
Nice win for the srt but... somethings ether wrong with the cobra driver, or theres something wrong with his car.

My friend has a 98 Cobra that dynoed at 300rwhp and he beat a stg 1 srt4 on the highway pretty badly (atleast 4 cars) when they raced from a 40mph roll.

BlakeLT1WS6

Established Member
LowNSlowNeon said:

exactly, if you owned one, you should know how different these cars are on the track compared to the street- So all of you posting track times, this has nothing to do with a 40 roll on the street.

This same srt outran a friends Civic that ran 13.0s @ 106 on the street by quite a few cars so thats just an idea.

...also has come around a 320whp+ foxbody mustang at about 130 or so
(i have that on video also)

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Not too sure what's up with all the rice supposedly beating Mustang's lately.

This video reminds me of another one recently posted where a 350Z with just exhaust puts buslengths on an 05 GT with exhaust, intake, and 4.10 gears.

Either these Mustang and Cobra drivers suck or the specs listed in the videos are BS.

LSWHAT??

CobraChris08 said:
IMO that was a kick ass video. I wish there was a street like that around me.

What was the song in the video?

I think that was Lacuna Coil :)bowdown: Christina Scabbia)

and uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......:smmon:

380 rwhp/geared cobra losses to a >300 whp neon from a roll? I know, I know, lighter weight right? :read:

I've never seen the likes of what I just saw and I'm still running stock gear and tire on spray, good vid though.

Users who are viewing this thread