99-00 Grilles, different from 01-04 grilles?

NoAllies

Boost-A-Holic
Established Member
Hello,
I am just wondering if the grilles are interchangeable, why do all of the vendors (street scenes in peticular) carry two different part numbers for the seperate year categories? Can anybody shed some light on this? Even just a confirmation that somebody's put 01-04 grilles on a 99-00. I searched, but couldnt find the topic I'm looking for. Thanks.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
Yes, the 99-00 grilles have the honeycomb look while 01-04's are bars. You can change em just like the wheels. they all fit

edit: You can also get the Harley chrome grille as well, they'll fit.

Last edited:

NoAllies

Boost-A-Holic
Established Member
That is what I had thought until visiting grille vendors websites and noticed that most had seperate PN's for the 99-00 grilles and the 01-04 grilles. Thanks for the confirmation though.

NoAllies

Boost-A-Holic
Established Member
Yeah, I don't know if I was clear on what I meant...obviously theres the visual differences, but I didnt know if the "housing" for the grilles were different as well. If the fit is exactly the same I just can't make sense of why vendors would make two different grilles, one for 99-00's and the other for 01-04's. Just weird. Maybe they are the same grille and they just slap a different part number on them for some odd reason.

fishingfox

Established Member
Street Scenes Grilles are an overlay. You leave the stock grille in place an put the grille over it. That's why there are different part numbers.

NoAllies

Boost-A-Holic
Established Member
Thanks for clearning up the street scenes issue. Im able to pick up a set of 01-04 SS "overlays". I wonder if I can make em work on the 99-00 grille...

Users who are viewing this thread