99-00 & 01-04 foglights.....

SVT1996Cobra

Established Member
OK, so my brother has a bumper cover off a 2000 L on his F150 and i was wondering if 01-04 foglights will fit into his bumper? I've heard there are differences in 99-00 & 01-04 lights when it comes to size but i wasn't sure. Can anyone please tell me the specific differences between the foglights? (besides the fact that 01-04 are clear)

thanks
jason :read:

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
I am not sure, i have the 01+ fog lights on my truck, they were on there when i bought it. BUt it has the 00 lower grille and evertying.Also today when i was dropping my truck off at ford, there was a red 00 L there and it had the same fog lights...but they are different than the other 00's that i have seen....

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
lightninmike said:
the fog lights bolt up in a different patteren and the wire harness are diffferent
so does that mean that i have a 01+ front bumper with just the 00 grille?

chuchomula

"Rehab'd Ricer"
Established Member
Mine has 01' and up fog lights. I took them off this past weekend. They do bolt on different I assume because whomever installe mine drilled a new hole to tighten them. By the way anyone know where I can get some replacements for cheap. One of them has a small crack.

TXRickC

Established Member
the 2001-up don't even bolt in, they actually just 'snap' into the bumper cover and as mentioned already they have a different plug on them vs. 99/00.

Users who are viewing this thread