98Cobra/KB...BAP location?

Yell98CobraVert

Established Member
98Cobra/KB...FMU location?

No possible way will the FMU will fit where the instructions and picture says it will; fittings do not clear stock CAI, much less with the hoses attached. Did I fail to read one of the instructions....anyone else have that problem? Any problem with placing the FMU above and between the air temp. plug and the mass air meter?

Last edited:

98_snake_bite

Established Member
Are you referring to the FMU that they say to mount on the strut tower?
There was no way mine was going to fit there either with the C&L inlet that I have.

I made a bracket that fit under the passenger side coil and mounted it there. Then I added some fittings so I could reach with the new fuel lines.

I don't use the bracket anymore or the FMU and it is still sitting in my garage in a box. You can have it if you think it will work for you. Here is a picture of what I'm talking about.

That picture also shows the hole in the hood liner that you have to cut out.

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/7447/dsc00148.jpg

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
I have my bap main box located in the trunk by the f/p inertia switch..I tapped into the wire that comes off the switch. I installed the control switch in the glove box next to the trunck release switch. The boost sensor switch (the one that came with my kit looks like an oil sennding switch)...I just kinda tie-strapped it along the passenger side engine compartment. Hope that helps.

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
If you are referring to the fmb (fmu)...KB pics of the location where it should be didn't work for me. I located the fmb by having the hoses on and finding the best location without any binding on the fuel hoses or touching any other parts.

Yell98CobraVert

Established Member
98_snake_bite said:
Are you referring to the FMU that they say to mount on the strut tower?
There was no way mine was going to fit there either with the C&L inlet that I have.

I made a bracket that fit under the passenger side coil and mounted it there. Then I added some fittings so I could reach with the new fuel lines.

I don't use the bracket anymore or the FMU and it is still sitting in my garage in a box. You can have it if you think it will work for you. Here is a picture of what I'm talking about.

That picture also shows the hole in the hood liner that you have to cut out.

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/7447/dsc00148.jpg

Yes, I meant to say FMU...guess I was still half asleep when I started the post...sorry. Thanks for the info!

Users who are viewing this thread