980 Miles and the SES Light!

MineralGSVT

Established Member
I just turned over 980 miles in my '01 Cobra on the way to work and the Service Engine Soon Light came on...

The car seems to be driving good...

I guess I will be visiting the Ford Dealer Soon!

Anybody else have this??

MineralGSVT

Established Member
It's gone

Well.. I unplugged the battery to force the ECM into a hard reset...

The light has gone away.. and I have driven it about 50 miles.. so we'll see what happens..

Todd

2001LaserRed

Established Member
I suppose I agree with the Ford and O2 sensor part. I haven't had any probs on my '01 Cobra or the '97 Ranger before that, but I sure did have a problem with the '93 Probe GT! I'd get the SES light, take it to Ford where they'd replace a sensor, and be good for a while. Then, it'd happen again -- same routine. Happened like 3 times I think (maybe 4). A really irksome problem, but like you, the car seemed to run fine.
I never had any problems with my '88 GT or '94 Ranger as far as O2 sensors go either, but damn that Probe gave me enough problems with them for all of the Ford cars I've had!!! Heheh.

Jeff

Yellow Horse

Established Member
Quick99snake, you will never go back to anything less than 4.10's. They are night and day difference. I have a few other mods and I thought my car was starting to feel a little weak. I drove a bone stock '01 a couple of weekends ago and now I realize how fast my Cobra really is. But, I know the 4.10's make the biggest difference over stock compared to other mods. No offence to the stock Cobra. Make sure you get an Abbott for your speedo.

Users who are viewing this thread