98 White Cobra Convertible FS, 86k miles, Glendale CA

baffles

Established Member
Looking to sell my 98 Cobra Convertible. $8,000 OBO
Has 86,164 miles on it as of this posting, but is daily driven, about 100 miles per week. Also is "missing" about 200 miles from when the odometer gear disintegrated a few months back.

I rarely drive the car hard, and have never taken it to the drag strip or track.

Pic:
75_546349379335_7202_n.jpg

(vanity plate from when I bought the card originally in 07)

Rear end rebuilt at 60k miles
Injectors replaced at 80k
Clutch replaced at 55k
New tires at 80k
Odometer gear replaced at 85k
Oil changed at 5-7k intervals

Interior "leather" is in rather immaculate condition other than driver's seat.
Exterior paint is still good, but definitely showing its age. Small dings here and there, but nothing that is noticeable without very close inspection.
Convertible top is in good condition
Wheels are in decent condition, but have scratches around the outer rim in a few places.
No modifications other than K&N airfilter and sound deadening.

Issues:
Being a convertible (and American), everything has gotten rattled loose over the years. All the plastic bits creak when going over bumps, and the convertible top shakes if you hit a hard bump. Its not much different than other convertibles from the same age and mileage that I've been in, but it can be a huge turn-off for those who haven't encountered it before.

Minor parking lot fender-bender took out the passenger side mirror and put a dent into the passenger side front fender. Mirror was replaced, but I never got the dent pulled out.
Pic of dent

When the car was new I (foolishly) installed some dyamat-type sound deadening into the door panels and parts of the floorboard. As a result, the doors are a bit heavier, and there are a few parts where the material sticks out the edge of the door panel.

Mileage

Driver's seat leather

Worn area on convertible top

Unknown scratches on passenger side

Wheel
the rest of the wheels are in approximately the same condition

$8,000 OBO, Los Angeles Area only unless you want to get yourself here.

I also have a custom fit car cover and convertible tonneau

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread