98 terminator first time at the track

98SaleenSnake

Established Member
reaction 0.964
60 ft 2.284
mph 88
ET 8.59

1/8 mile track

that was my fastest time that was against a TT Porsche he ran 8.1 his reaction time was terrible almost 2 sec.

raced a GTR he smoked me but I thought I did pretty good I was like an 8.7 and he was a 7.7.

tires were great first gear burns tire a little but as soon as I hammer it into 2nd nothing but traction.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Definitely get a better tire and get those 60's down like mentioned. Only work on reaction time if you race someone but don't lose site of not overpowering and getting a bad 60'. I would work on getting that down then work on who you race.

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
So is this an 03/04 swap? If it's a stock motor then those times are not bad at all. If it's a swapped motor then what's the details? MPH looks good... the car is making good power

mystickb1996

Established Member
Not everyone is trying to cut a light that porsche was prob trying to launch his car in boost hence the 2 sec reaction. Also if this is a swap what mods are done? Times will improve greatly with a good 60'

98SaleenSnake

Established Member
As far as mods it's pretty much a stock 03 cobra motor stage 2 or 3 ported blower 2.95 upper ba2400 maf full exhaust LT o/r H 4:10 gears.

I just received in the mail last week some shocks/struts H&R race springs adjustable LCA bump steer kit and an accufab TB and plenum see if that will help.

This is also my first time at the track with this car. Last time I went I was in my SVO about 6 years ago. That car was in low 9s.

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
What do you have for tires? How badly were you spinning. Lastly, what clutch are you running? The trap is a little low for the mods, but it could improve with some more practice

98SaleenSnake

Established Member
What do you have for tires? How badly were you spinning. Lastly, what clutch are you running? The trap is a little low for the mods, but it could improve with some more practice

I have brand new Toyo R888s 305/35/18. Spun in first only as soon as I threw it into second they hooked really well. A McLeod single disc clutch I had to keep adjusting my clutch cable tho some runs I couldn't get it into gear. I did find a sweet spot and it was running good.

The 4:10s were nice on a non SC 4 valve but yea I think they're a little too low I was thinking 3:73.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread