98 Stock, fix and keep cervinis, or other

Should I fix and keep Cervinis kit or go another route.

• Fix Cervinis kit it looks good

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Go with another kit

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Go back to stock its the only way

Votes: 20 87.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dogshark

Established Member
Even if you don't want to post your input or opinion, take a second to place a vote. I was expecting to get more than 20 votes in this community. Thanks to everyone that has voted and posted thus far.

I bought a 98 cobra vert a few months ago with a cervinis stalker kit on it already. It has a lil bit of damage on the front passenger side from scraping, drivers side side skirt is cracked and being held together with staples, ha, and passenger side is warped and looks ugly, and the rear is in great condition minus a scratch.
Should I fix the front, replace the sides and keep that look? Should I go with an overall different kit (recommendations?), or should I take her back to stock?
I know it is ultimately up to me on what I like and the direction I want to go but I want everyones opinion here. I believe I know how this poll will end up. Thanks in advance. Heres some pics of her.

DSC01079.gif

DSC01080.gif

Last edited:

Erick

Established Member
I'd personally take it back to the stock look. Hopefully the paint is okay under the side skirts and door molding. Who knows what they used to adhere it. I've heard some nightmare stories about Liquid Nails used.

The car doesn't look too bad the way it is, but I just lover the stock Cobra fascia with the fogs. BTW, I like those Steeda Ultra-Lites!!!

I'm not trying to be a d!ck but if you're putting some money into it, swap out the tail lights for stock and re-align the side Cobra badge. He looks wasted!

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Back to stock. Or if you want go Saleen. If I were to do any body modifications it would be a full Saleen conversion. But honestly the stock 96-98 Cobra body and hood look sick. Pair it with a s281 wing and you have sex on wheels.

DHG4410

Established Member
You ever check out ABC exclusive Front Cobra Bumper With Lip..its something different if you want to go that route. There are some pics on another forum of a gt with it on, but I am not sure on the rules here on posting links to other forums.

Last edited:

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
^^^
Mas FTW!

You can post the pics, but most have already seen them.

I say bring it back to stock and trade me my Saleen wheels for your Steeda's

Dogshark

Established Member
I'd personally take it back to the stock look. Hopefully the paint is okay under the side skirts and door molding. Who knows what they used to adhere it. I've heard some nightmare stories about Liquid Nails used.

The car doesn't look too bad the way it is, but I just lover the stock Cobra fascia with the fogs. BTW, I like those Steeda Ultra-Lites!!!

I'm not trying to be a d!ck but if you're putting some money into it, swap out the tail lights for stock and re-align the side Cobra badge. He looks wasted!

Yea the kit thats on it now has pieces on the door itself and I think its gonna mess up the paint when I peel them off. The tool that had it before me put thos ugly CF look tails on, ugh. I have GTO covers on her now to hide them until I get stock ones.
Thanks for the compliments. Is my cobra drunk? Im gonna have to take a closer look and fix that for sure.

Back to stock. Or if you want go Saleen. If I were to do any body modifications it would be a full Saleen conversion. But honestly the stock 96-98 Cobra body and hood look sick. Pair it with a s281 wing and you have sex on wheels.

I really like the s281 wing also. Im tryin to find a Kaenen.

You ever check out ABC exclusive Front Cobra Bumper With Lip..its something different if you want to go that route. There are some pics on another forum of a gt with it on, but I am not sure on the rules here on posting links to other forums.

yea thats sexy! Thanks for the link. I'm seriously considering it.

^^^
Mas FTW!

You can post the pics, but most have already seen them.

I say bring it back to stock and trade me my Saleen wheels for your Steeda's

Ha, at first i was thinkin about sellin them and gettin something in black but the chrome Steedas are growin on me more every day.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I actually like the Cervini's side skirts quite a bit. I'd keep those.

The bumpers though I would change back to stock.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I actually like the Cervini's side skirts quite a bit. I'd keep those.

The thing I always disliked about the Saleen/Cervini's sideskirts, was that you san see where the door stops and skirt starts. They just look tacked on there to me. Wish they made them blend a little better where the top meets the door
All this is coming from a guy who rocked the Xenon skirts for a while. LOL

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
replace the front with stock, fix the side skirts and keep the rear, the only thing I dont like about the rear is the lack of the word COBRA on the back, I think it would really finish the whole look, the rear blends better from the side then the stock which is a few inches too high

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
i say back to stock, and keep the wheels!!! ive only seen one cobra in my area that ever had the steeda wheels. i just wish they made a 18x10 for the rear...

Dogshark

Established Member
The thing I always disliked about the Saleen/Cervini's sideskirts, was that you san see where the door stops and skirt starts. They just look tacked on there to me. Wish they made them blend a little better where the top meets the door
All this is coming from a guy who rocked the Xenon skirts for a while. LOL

good point there and no, no trade sir.

replace the front with stock, fix the side skirts and keep the rear, the only thing I dont like about the rear is the lack of the word COBRA on the back, I think it would really finish the whole look, the rear blends better from the side then the stock which is a few inches too high

Well the sides aren't fixable. I'd have to replace them. I was thinking about finding stock black sides at a yard to save a lil cash but then I'd have to remove that door piece and like I said before I think there's gonna be damage when i pull them off. rrrr, dilema.

i say back to stock, and keep the wheels!!! ive only seen one cobra in my area that ever had the steeda wheels. i just wish they made a 18x10 for the rear...

Thanks for the compliments and damn you for pointing out that steeda doesn't make a 18x10! The guy I bought it from said it was an 18x10 rear and 18x9 front. I never look it up until just now and sure enough I can't find an 18x10. So I guess I got 18x9.5?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread