98' Snake vs '01 Snake

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
Mods-
98:BBK X Pipe,Borla CB,TB,Intake
01:Borla Stingers,JLT CAI

Ive been seeing/hearing this sick 96-98 Black Cobra around my neighborhood and finally caught up to him at the carwash. I had to leave, but i as i passing by the Carwash about 30mins later, we meet up :coolman: . We cruise the main street and we had two stoplight races.
Race 1: I launch from idle and from 1-2nd my front bumper is about 2 feet ahead of his, go to 3rd and we stay even until 100 when we shut down.
Race 2: I launch at 2000rpm and bog a little, then like before get a few feet ahead of him, then in 3rd we stay even until 110.
Overall, that seems about right id say given his mods and mine.
i was shifting at 64xx-65xxrpm

Last edited:

mackj66

Established Member
Way to hang....Gotta love the 98s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No offense the the new edge guys....I'm just biased :)

BLUBLLS

Out of the 96-98's aren't the 98's the stronger running year? Nice races! Had to be pure joy to the cars behind you with those 2 engines hitting the rpms

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
KwObAbY said:
Out of the 96-98's aren't the 98's the stronger running year? Nice races! Had to be pure joy to the cars behind you with those 2 engines hitting the rpms
yea lol

pottsy

Established Member
Paul's_03SVT said:
I didnt think the 98 were that strong. Nice kill.

They should run very close with a 99/01 car most of the time, the only place they really get hurt is by the new edge's mid range torque advantage, those newer cars feel faster on the street to me...just my experience....but they dyno only about 10 rwhp apart stock to stock, ya know? :shrug:

Nice runs man.

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
Not to come off wrong, but did I miss something? Did you list he has an intake? What kind of intake? if you mean inlet pipe then I understand. TB does nothing. Some have lost power with them on a mostly stock motor. Ihope he got it off ebay and didn't pay $300 for it. With the x pipe he should be even with you stock power wise. With your JLT though you should be up on him as far as power goes. New edge Cobras are heavier and with an intake (bolt on to heads, not mas air) he would be ahead of you. I really like the color of your car BTW. Did they just start making them in any kind of color staring in 99? I need to look that up.

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
SVTStrikesBack said:
Not to come off wrong, but did I miss something? Did you list he has an intake? What kind of intake? if you mean inlet pipe then I understand. TB does nothing. Some have lost power with them on a mostly stock motor. Ihope he got it off ebay and didn't pay $300 for it. With the x pipe he should be even with you stock power wise. With your JLT though you should be up on him as far as power goes. New edge Cobras are heavier and with an intake (bolt on to heads, not mas air) he would be ahead of you. I really like the color of your car BTW. Did they just start making them in any kind of color staring in 99? I need to look that up.
He said he had both TB, and Intake, he didnt saw which one tho.
Thanks for the compliments :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread