98 Mark VIII V.S 98 SVT Contour...

1slosnake

10 second pilot
Established Member
I know this is the general forum but I thought you guys would rather hear than just the general kill section. My girlfriend has a 98 Mark VIII with a CAI and some stickier than stock tires.

Disclaimer: I know street racing is bad and shouldn't be done but hey nobodies is perfect but it is a small road with little traffic on it.

That being said on the way to my house from hers. We always catch this 4 way stop and everytime we do she always leaves early on me. So I would never chase her. Tonight she asks if I want to go, so I say sure she counts to three and were off, we were pretty even until I hooked mid way through 1st :rockon: I put a car and a half on her by the time I grabbed second and she shut it down at that time. She was upset and wanted a piece from a roll. So we went from 15mph, we hit it at about the same time. I jumped out about a half a car and stayed there pretty much the whole time except for me pulling away a little on the shifts. So up to about 90 it was 3/4 of car from a roll. I am pretty pleased for just a drop in K&N. I ran her car awhile back and it ran 15.7@90 so it should be pretty interesting at the track. But only time will tell

I almost got all my goodies, as soon as I do I will throw them on.

BAT Pipe with K&N RU-3530
MSDS Headers
SHO shop Y pipe no cat
Trubendz Exhaust with Magnaflo catback/No resonators
Cosmo Racing Short throw shifter
Custom Tune

Can't wait :banana:

JCSVT

V6 Powa!!
Established Member
Can you get that car on the dyno too? I think with some good driving you'll run low 15's with a 93-94mph trap.

1slosnake

10 second pilot
Established Member
Actuall already did, It only made 148rwhp :lol1: Then I found out that the IMRC clip on bank 1 came off. So that ain't a bad idea since I have got it fixed now. I will call my friend up and see if I can throw it on today or tomorrow. I will let you know. I am hoping for low 15's but we will see :coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread