98 GT Nitrous

CVR98GT

Audiophile Poster
Established Member
98 GT Nitrous Question

I am toying with the idea of strapping a bottle to my GT, but every time I get close to making a decision, I hear about someone else who blew up their motor. It is my daily driver so i can't have the car out of commision for a long period of time. It is going to take a while for me to save for a KB, but I would like to have some fun now. What do you guys think about nitrous an my stock internals? 75 shot, 100 shot, no shot? I have some basic bolt ons (check sig). Also, what do you guys think i the set up I should run...wet, dry with what bells and whistles?
P.S. It's an auto.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

chaney

Established Member
i have a 98 auto like you, and run a hundred shot nos noszle system(directport). My car is basically stock except for basic bolt ons. The noszle system is awesome but kind of pricey at around $1400.

Last edited:

NXSVTCOBRA

very safe, run a chip, 125 shot, colder plugs and you're set, dont spray below 3k and dont over rev on spray and your motor will last forever with nitrous, just that simple

CVR98GT

Audiophile Poster
Established Member
Sprayed_Pony said:
very safe, run a chip, 125 shot, colder plugs and you're set, dont spray below 3k and dont over rev on spray and your motor will last forever with nitrous, just that simple

I've also heard about burning through seals and Injectors really quickly with the bottle...ring a bell for anyone?

1slow2v

Established Member
my 96 has had at least 250-300lbs of nitrous ran through it. 140k shown no problems. just buy a window switch and spray it.

M SIX

Go Big or Go Home
Established Member
150 shot would the ideal decision for you young grass hopper. My advise is to fill up your gas tank with 87 octane, find a very tall hill, place your car in fifth gear and from a dead stop going up hill floor it while spraying the 150 juice. The results will be explosive. :thumbsup:

CVR98GT

Audiophile Poster
Established Member
Sprayed_Pony said:
i've also heard that there's a 3,000fwhp Geo Metro in Alaska

*get my point?*

:bs: I don't believe you! :D

M SIX said:
150 shot would the ideal decision for you young grass hopper. My advise is to fill up your gas tank with 87 octane, find a very tall hill, place your car in fifth gear and from a dead stop going up hill floor it while spraying the 150 juice. The results will be explosive. :thumbsup:

You scare me! :eek: :thumbsup:

Thanks guys. 100 shot it is...:burnout: :rockon:

Last edited:

NXSVTCOBRA

i was gonna suggest that, put some PI heads on it, get a little more compression, i have a friend who sprays a 150 dry shot on his 02 GT and it runs hard, very hard, and has been for quite some time..... i'd say go for it

Users who are viewing this thread