98 csvt issues with running

nhenneman2

Established Member
what was the difference in the wires used for the harness between the 98s an the newer ones?

nhenneman2

Established Member
svt harness

my god ford wants 500.50$ for an new 99 svt harness omfg does anybody know of a source for used ones?

nhenneman2

Established Member
so my injector harness is fu*ked, the local junkyard has one for 75 dollars but it is unavailable till friday so i should be drivin it then!!!!!!!!

crewchiefpro

Established Member
You should be able to get the ENTIRE wiring harness for that. Don't just the get injector harness, they won't know the difference anyway. Get from the ECU ( located under the power steering tank ) all the way to the engine. There will be a bunch of wires, take your time and do it right.

nhenneman2

Established Member
Wiring Harness

The problem is there is NOT A SINGLE manual contour around me in any junkyard the only person i can get a full harness from sells them for $425 on CEG and these ar harnesses converted form either 99+ contours, cougers and a couple other ones to use for the contour svt . guarrenteed not to deteriorate. i would love to replace the whole harness but cannot afford it right now. for now to get my car atleast running i must replace the injector harness. its my daily driver and i need it back.

nhenneman2

Established Member
running issuse

nope cant find 1 manual harness except from a guy that rebuilds them for 425 for the main and injector harness. i dont have the money and my problem area for now is the injector harness he sells them for 75 as well and have one on the way as the junkyard i was supposed to get it from yesterday backed out on me cause its to cold to take it off without risking breaking it. its about 0 degrees outside

nhenneman2

Established Member
csvt running issues

no i did not by the time you had suggested him i had already paid for the injector harness but when i replace the main harness i will give him a shout for sure and did you ever figure your imrc issue out?

nhenneman2

Established Member
contour svt

just out of curiosity what are you waiting for, i would like to replace mine. Im gonna wait though cause when i replace the injetor harness ill aready have the manifold off and look then i belive the busing just broke but weel see

CSVT5416

Established Member
I'm waiting bc it is cold here. And I don't need to take off the manifold to replace mine bc I have the IMRC board that goes in the box on the valve cover. I just have to pop the cover and drop it in

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread