98 cobra with new painted wheels

VertTireSmoke

Tire smoker
Established Member
Alright everybody if anyone has looked into the shine and show section you might have seen me posting questions about painting wheels. After spending around 10 hours sanding, washing, painting and repainting the wheels they are finally done. I took some time cleaning up the car and got a few pics to show off all my hard work. So here they are. Let me know what ya think.

newwheels009.jpg

newwheels010.jpg

newwheels011.jpg

newwheels012.jpg

newwheels013.jpg

newwheels014.jpg

newwheels015.jpg

newwheels016.jpg

newwheels017.jpg

newwheels018.jpg

newwheels022.jpg

newwheels023.jpg

newwheels024.jpg

newwheels025.jpg

flattusmaximus

Established Member
Looks like good work, and a nasty look. I'm about to paint my white cobra r's on my white fox black so this just persuaded me even more.

kwikie

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
Looks good was probably cheaper than buying a set. I'm just asking so don't think I'm beating up your wheels I can see that they have a bit of shine to them but would some clear make them look a little more shiney. I realize they are black but in some angles they look a little flat and I just thought a little more shine might be cool. Unless of course you were going for the flat look or if they are just not being done justice in your photos. Either way good job it looks like you put alot of work into them.:beer:

VertTireSmoke

Tire smoker
Established Member
Looks like good work, and a nasty look. I'm about to paint my white cobra r's on my white fox black so this just persuaded me even more.

thanks man. i warn ya now tho its a pita to sand them down smooth enough. well worth the effort tho. but ill never do it again. :bash:

Looks good was probably cheaper than buying a set. I'm just asking so don't think I'm beating up your wheels I can see that they have a bit of shine to them but would some clear make them look a little more shiney. I realize they are black but in some angles they look a little flat and I just thought a little more shine might be cool. Unless of course you were going for the flat look or if they are just not being done justice in your photos. Either way good job it looks like you put alot of work into them.:beer:

oh yeh def cheaper. spent around $50 on supplies. then just a lot of time. when i painted the wheels the black paint i used was just basic grill paint for like a bbq grill. it was a lil flatter than i expected. i sprayed on 2 coats of clear and i do agree they could shine a lil bit better. they are shinier in person tho.

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Nice job and great looking Cobra:beer: I think I will get my rears widen to 10.5" and paint the four of them gunmetal.

gomach1

5.0hh
Established Member
i saw it in Show n' Shine, these pics make it look a ton better, can see them clearer. i did that on my old explorer but used high heat engine paint that was glossy black and they came out shiny

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
doesn't look good IMO. not a fan of all black wheels, and you dont have enough accents to pull of a black wheel. The wheels themselves look like you did a good job though.

MissionMan

u mad
Established Member
clean your phuckin car, dirt on the tires, no tire shine, dirt around the tailpipes......

shameful

CobraJay

Established Member
IMO, I'm not really digging it. I hate Cobra R's. If it was a diff wheel with black center and polished lip then that would be sick.

COBRASVT

Established Member
Why would anyone want black wheels on a yellow car???

:D

Love 'em! Looks like your hard work paid off nicely!

VertTireSmoke

Tire smoker
Established Member
post up a link on how to paint rims black!!!

Go to the Lightning Gen 2 how-to section. Thats where i was getting alot of my info.

clean your phuckin car, dirt on the tires, no tire shine, dirt around the tailpipes......

shameful

The car is clean dude. Ill admit to the tailpipes. kinda slipped my mind. there is plenty of tire shine on those tires too.

IMO, I'm not really digging it. I hate Cobra R's. If it was a diff wheel with black center and polished lip then that would be sick.

Then its a really good thing they are NOT cobra r's. They are the stock 98 cobra wheels. similar but def not the same.

Why would anyone want black wheels on a yellow car???

:D

Love 'em! Looks like your hard work paid off nicely!

Thanks man. Yours is a great example of a killer looking chrome yellow. :bowdown:

Users who are viewing this thread