98 cobra vs brand new Eco boost

usmcsvt98

A day in the life
Established Member
Had the oppurtunitty to race a brand new f150 ecoboost the other night. Took the car out with my wife. It was night, I was driving slow like normal and happen to get stopped at a light beside this beautiful truck. I don't pay much attention when my wife's in the car so I didn't notice anything till the light turned green and this truck bolted. I started grinning and ofcourse the first thing out of her mouth was don't even think about it. Mind you it's night time the road is barely damp and were in a 45 mph zone. So I continue to take off slow keeping it in second gear till I get up to him. He waits for me at about 40mph, I get next to him and give him the look like your one crazy old dude. He jumps on it and I do too right after him I slowly start to pull but not like I thought I was too going to. I shut it down at 90 and was only a car and a half ahead of him. Sheez that thing was quick. My cobra runs like a champ for how old it is. Dosent skip a beat and surprises me even sometimes but this truck for a brand new f150 was impressive to say the least. We had the oppurtunitty to talk at the next stop light. Now I'm 24 and this guy had to be 50. It made me and my wife's night to see this older gentlemen race. We both complimented each others rides and went our separate ways!

usmcsvt98

A day in the life
Established Member
Not really, it's lowered, with catless h pipe, and flow master catback, and a pro 5.0 shifter. I have a set of 4.30 gears, and bbk ceramic longtubes with catless x pipe on the shelf waiting to go on. Hopefully that wakes her up some.

vic_s197

Established Member
Yea they run pretty hard man I have a 12 fx4 eco boost with 3.73 gears and a tune. Didnt buy it for speed mainly pulling power to pull my mustang/boat.
Buy these trucks stock will beat up on stock fox bodies

usmcsvt98

A day in the life
Established Member
Yea I had the pleasure of driving around an Eco boost and the new 5.0 for about a month for work and I fell in love. The 5.0 was great but that Eco boost was just amazing!

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
I need to see one of these ecoboost trucks in action. They seem like cool machines. Nice kill OP

Sent from my tuna boat note using Tapatalk 2

brendan.9

Svt Turkey Farmer
Established Member
had a guy trying to race me in my cobra my mom has one and know what they can do didn't want to waste my gas they are pretty fast tho for a stock truck.

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
I need to see one of these ecoboost trucks in action. They seem like cool machines. Nice kill OP

Sent from my tuna boat note using Tapatalk 2

+1 if one rolls up on me ill run it just to see how it does but I cant see that well behind me lol jk nice kill I really would like to see one run in person I like fast trucks

Sticks n Stones

Goat Rider
Established Member
Had a ecoboost F150 do a 1/4 back ricer flyby on me last sunday. Roads were emtpy so I was trying to decipher a random miss in my car when I saw him flying up. Dude passed me doing at least 100mph sounding like a giant vacuum cleaner so I made the mistake of belatedly going WOT... when in 2nd gear already at 5,000rpms. Needless to say I found my stutter/missfire which made me hold off on the shift, then I hit rev limiter, then spun the shift and gave up at his back fender: figured the next thing I was bound to do was hit R for Race. :face:

They are nice trucks though, 3 of the 10 guys I work with went out and bought them within weeks of each other a few months back. Which stopped me from buying one too... lol

Users who are viewing this thread