98 Cobra vs 2010 Camaro SS

Lazered98

PAH!
Established Member
Hey guys I finally got a piece of one of the new camaros last night. I have been wanting to run one for awhile, but they are always going the opposite direction when I see them. Anyways, heres my story.

I was cruising around, pulling out of the Wal Mart parking lot onto the highway, when I see a new Camaro cruise by. I pull out and began to catch up, and hope that he doesn't take the exit. Well he doesn't so I drop down to 3rd and just blip the throttle at him and look over, and see this very good looking lady in the passenger seat. I am now thinking to myself, this could get interesting. Well he doesn't respond to my blip at first, but all of the sudden just tears out and jumps in front of me. He goes on up the highway a bit to the straightaway and turns around in the median, so I follow. He gets up to about 40 and we get even with me in second. He doesn't honk or anything, but we both hit it at the same time. I immediately put 2 cars on him and let out thinking that he isn't in it anymore, and he starts pulling me so I kick it again at the top of second gear. We ran to about 115-120 and I let out of it with me 2 cars ahead. The funny thing was when we got done we pulled over in a parking lot and they both got out and I found out it was the womans car. :rolling: The guy was like this things fast aint it, and I said yea its quick. lol Then he was like well that was my first time to ever drive it. blah blah blah It was an automatic! It's not that hard to drive. :bash: The woman then asked me if I wanted to drive her car which of course I said yes. :rockon: I got in, took it down the highway and got on it a couple of times, and come back to the parking lot. We both commented on each others cars and went on about our business. :-D

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
The woman then asked me if I wanted to drive her car which of course I said yes. :rockon: I got in, took it down the highway and got on it a couple of times, and come back to the parking lot. :-D

What the ****.

5 ltr. beater

....in spacers we trust
Established Member
He doesn't honk or anything, but we both hit it at the same time. I immediately put 2 cars on him and let out thinking that he isn't in it anymore, and he starts pulling me so I kick it again at the top of second gear.

...i honestly thought this race was going to go the other way around...i didnt think an auto '10 SS wud loose to a bolt-on older Cobra.
im just confused how you immediatly put two cars on the SS and then some once you stayed in it... guess the other guy really cudnt drive... good kill.

Last edited:

goat-ee

Established Member
umm, is your mod list up to date or is it missing a nitrous hit, or possibly a forced induction setup of some sort that you accidentally left off? I would feel lucky if my 97 Cobra with Kenne Bell running 12.6's and 112 mph traps put much more than a couple of cars on a new SS!!!

2K1 SVT

Established Member
...i honestly thought this race was going to go the other way around...i didnt think an auto '10 SS wud loose to a bolt-on older Cobra.
im just confused how you immediatly put two cars on the SS and then some once you stayed in it... guess the other guy really cudnt drive... good kill.

But it's an auto SS so he should not have had trouble driving it. I mean all he had to do was mash the go pedal :shrug:

GreySVTSnake01

Established Member
OP never said it was an SS. I'm guessing if the description of the run is accurate it had to be an auto V-6. That would be believable. OP doesn't have gears in his sig. If he's running 3.27's it was definitely an auto V-6. Also the fact it was a woman owner makes me think V-6 although I did see a bad chick driving around in a murdered out SS camaro the other day. Probably her boyfriends though. :smileyemoticon:

goat-ee

Established Member
OP never said it was an SS. I'm guessing if the description of the run is accurate it had to be an auto V-6. That would be believable. OP doesn't have gears in his sig. If he's running 3.27's it was definitely an auto V-6. Also the fact it was a woman owner makes me think V-6 although I did see a bad chick driving around in a murdered out SS camaro the other day. Probably her boyfriends though. :smileyemoticon:

In the TITLE it says 2010 Camaro SS!!! :pop:

Last edited:

Ducci

Established Member

The title says 2010 Camaro SS.

Lazered98

PAH!
Established Member
What the ****.

I didn't really know what to say at first, then she asked again and I said yes.

Was this a dream or reality?

It was reality

I didn't think it would have went the way it did either.

umm, is your mod list up to date or is it missing a nitrous hit, or possibly a forced induction setup of some sort that you accidentally left off? I would feel lucky if my 97 Cobra with Kenne Bell running 12.6's and 112 mph traps put much more than a couple of cars on a new SS!!!

Mod list is up to date, and I do not have any nitrous or any form of forced induction.

Sweet race, curious how you would do against a new manual camaro.

I am wondering that myself. Hopefully I will find out sooner or later.

As previously stated, it says SS in the title. I thought it was a V6 also, until we pulled over in the parking lot and I got a good look at it, and got to drive the car.

lmao!!@the title saying ss, that's great

definetely does sound like a story

Definitely not a story.

Users who are viewing this thread