98 cobra on nitrous

1rawsvt_408

ALL GAS NO BREAKS
Established Member
Okay so for my next mod i want to go with a nitrous kit. Im a noob when it comes to spray but all my friends with cobras recommended it.they said a wet kit would be best. I have long tubes straight pipped on a off road x and a intake also running on a sct tuner.i have 4.10s but im waiting to put them in.so my question is would a 100 shot be safe?ive read i can do it untuned but i want to be as safe as possible with it.what do you guys recommend

wvragtop

SPRAYING CHEATER SVT POST
Established Member
im running a 100 shot wet kit .with 1 step colder plugs and no tune. stock . havent had any problems .its an sniper wet kit from nos .

gardensnake281

Established Member
Im running a dynotune wet kit 100 shot with ngk tr6 plugs no tune on 4:10s runs perfect no problems. 125 shot then your gonna need a tune.

CzchMex

Established Member
Like the others have stated. A 150 shot is max before you get the possibility of folding a rod. Anything above a 100 will require a tune.

Also do your research. Some kits have a motor vs rear wheel hp (shot) number.

GRUSE

Established Member
I got a Zex kit,only spraying a 75 shot just to be safe.Nitrous is a nice cheep short term power adder.Very easy to install.There are all sorts of used kits in the classified here and in other forums.
If you haven't deleted IMRC's DO NOT spray before 3800rpm and only at WOT,a window switch will is helpful to keep the spray in check.
A member on this site LilBerx has a few pictures of a nitrous mishap. http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-nitrous-backfire-look-like&highlight=nitrous
Don't let it scare you away from the spray,plenty of posts on the do's and dont's of NO2

Users who are viewing this thread