98 Cobra New owner question

Northern98

Established Member
I plan on keeping the motor stock for a few years then put on a supercharger, and ultimately build the engine when it's time for a rebuild way down the road. Is it worth leaving the 3.73s for when I go with the supercharger? I dont plan on going crazy with horsepower before I rebuild the bottom end, but around 400rwhp is the goal when I put that on.

ViciousBlack97

Established Member
I plan on keeping the motor stock for a few years then put on a supercharger, and ultimately build the engine when it's time for a rebuild way down the road. Is it worth leaving the 3.73s for when I go with the supercharger? I dont plan on going crazy with horsepower before I rebuild the bottom end, but around 400rwhp is the goal when I put that on.
I'm more than happy with my 3.73s, and I'd recommend keeping them if you plan on lots of highway driving with your car. They're a nice middle ground of performance without being mind numbing on the highway, especially if you have an exhaust prone to droning and with the knowledge that you plan on going forced induction.

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
If you use a positive displacement supercharger, then 3.73s would be a little more tolerable but if you go with a centri, then you'll want 4.10s. if you stay n/a, then go with 4.30s or 4.56.

Northern98

Established Member
Thanks. I'm up in Alpena, lots of family around detroit though. I was excited about the low miles and planned to keep it stock for awhile, but that went out the window pretty quick.

Users who are viewing this thread