98 cobra motor worth

mustangsvt281

Established Member
I am looking to sell my 98 cobra motor just not sure what its worth. It doesnt have any mods at all really. Just a jlt RAI and IMRC deletes. I will be selling it complete from intake to oil pan. I will retain my A/C and power steering and my harness but everything else goes like the throttle cable and cruise control etc etc. the odo stopped working about 6-8 months ago when i bought my GT. The odo reads 71,856 miles and i dont drive it that much but i would say it has a little over 90.xxx miles. Runs strong with no leaks. What do you think i could get for it? i checked ebay and those prices seem a little out there.....$4100 for a 99 cobra motor and about 3k for a 97 cobra motor with 100k miles. Oh yea i will also keep my build plate on the valve cover. Please help me out!!! i am so close to finishing my eaton build and i need to sell this to get cash for my trans rebuild!!!!!!!!

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
I sold my 50k shortblock for 450.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

mustangsvt281

Established Member
I sold my 50k shortblock for 450.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

yea but thats a shortblock. im selling the complete motor with a little extra ie the throttle cable, coil packs/wires, cruise control etc. also want to mention that i will be selling the fuel system with it.

Last edited:

TurboBird

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Go for 3500 and wait for lowballers. Myself would pay 1500. Or do a carb n dizzy conversion. The hot rod guys eat that up over here

mustangsvt281

Established Member
Go for 3500 and wait for lowballers. Myself would pay 1500. Or do a carb n dizzy conversion. The hot rod guys eat that up over here

i agree, it gives me and the buyer wiggle room. Also its almost a complete swap minus the harness. Ill be posting it soon on ebay and craigslist.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Honestly how much are you looking for it? I'm looking for a running motor for my Cobra just to get it on the road again.

PM me if you want.

Users who are viewing this thread