98 cobra MAF conversion.

brharris777

Established Member
Tried searching but didn't find anything under what I was looking for.

Trying to figure out how to convert my factory MAF and intake temp sensor over to a blow through style. Currently installing my turbo and would like to switch if possible. I did a conversion on a friends boosted GT but it didn't have a seperate temp sensor like mine. If anyone has advice or a link, I would appreciate it

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Find the largest straight section of pipe post intercooler and install the blow-thru MAF and IAT sensor in. It's really as basic as that. Used to be a lot of people used IAT sensors from a Ford Lightning since they have threaded bodies. Now-a-days people usually just pick up a later model blow-thru MAF that has the IAT sensor integrated in, cut off the stock plugs and solder on the pigtail for the new MAF. Only other thing to do is weld a mounting flange to the intake tube. Real easy conversion, in general. I did it on my car using a Pro-M I purchased through Kurgan Motorsports.

Last edited:

laddanator

Established Member
No sure this would apply to me as much, then? I have a KB and my IAT sensor is in the KB plate after the blower.

brharris777

Established Member
The wiring and temp sensor integration into a newer style MAF is really what I was wondering about. I'll be switching to blow through for my turbo setup.

Users who are viewing this thread