98 Cobra low oil light

shelbygt

Established Member
Is the low oil light on the dash supposed to come on when you turn on the ignition with the rest of the error lights? I had the bulb for the brakes/e-brake go out and noticed when changing it out that there is a bulb and circuit board in the low oil light socket, but it never comes on. I tried swapping bulbs and still nothing.
And ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Dead Mach 1

Established Member
i would assume that its not going to come on unless the oil is actually low, ive only seen a low oil pressure warning come on in the newer ford with key on engine off. so i would say that its not going to come on

crazycarlo

Established Member
Mine has come on in my 98 before. And its not "Low oil level" the light is actually for "Low oil pressure" and its pretty much just a dummy switch that comes on when your oil level is really low.

bumsoil

Established Member
When I do a oil change I have to put 6.5 qt of oil into keep it off. And if I am facing too much down hill it comes on when I start my car. Even though my dipstick reads med high.

shelbygt

Established Member
From reading all the complaints from the 96s with the light coming on all the time, I am going to assume that they just deleted the sensor on later Cobras.

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
Hell my car was 2qts low when I purchased it.. And still no light my gauge just fluctuated at WOT

Users who are viewing this thread