'98 Cobra Intake Questions...

sbird1

Fumbles
Established Member
Just got my build done and the car was idling at 2,100 rpm. Figured out my IMRC gaskets were leaking, causing the high idle. Now the issue that I have is that the gaskets are NLA from everything that I've read. I'm considering doing an IMRC delete, but information about the performance difference is sparse.

Here is my mod list in case that makes a difference:
Eagle forged pistons
Manley I-beam rods
ARP mains, head bolts, and rod bolts
BBK catback
Intake (IDK what brand)
I also have OBDII tuner

What is going to be better for me? I've read that the IMRC deletes hurt low end but show gains on the high end as well as hurt fuel economy. I don't even know for sure if my IMRC's work. They're free turning, but I don't know if the electronics are working correctly. Should I continue looking for new gaskets or spring for the deletes? IIRC, even the deletes require some new gaskets that may prove to be difficult to find (maybe these? F6ZZ-9H486-C Mustang Ford Imrc To Intake Manifold Gasket Pair Cobra 1996-1998 | CJ Pony Parts)

Sorry for the long winded post. Any help anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Should've posted this in the sn95 cobra section. If i were you, I'd just go ahead and get deletes. You won't notice the loss down low if you have a set of 4.10 gears. The loss in low end torque is worth the ease of mind of knowing you won't have to worry about IMRC related problems anymore. Shoot NA SVT a private message on here. He has a set of IMRC deletes for sale with the lower gasket already on them.

Users who are viewing this thread