98 cobra HELP!

Svt98snake!

@COBRAMARCE
Established Member
OK so I have some problems going on.....first off I blew the tranny on July 4th and I sent it to a shop to get my transmission worked on. but the transsion that I had swapped in was from a 99-01 cobra so i did the TailShaft housing swap....but but speedo isn't working....but now this is where i'm starting to get pretty pissed so when i got in the car and started it, the exhaust it seemed loose.that night i went under and found zip ties by transmission....secondly it has WAY more kick back then it did before...Thirdly it is dying on me when coming to a stop..so i have to rev it up a bit to keep it from doing so ..and it idles high sometimes like as if if the throttle is stuck......oh and my oil pressure switch isnt working.. just replaced it too and seems to work before I turn the ignition but when i actually turn it on it goes all the way down like as if the car is off ..and to top it off its throwing smoke and kind of smells like oil and im thinking its my rings :(.its been a long couple of weeks...but if anyone can help me and give me some advice that would be awsome...

mustang3X

Established Member
How much of this was happening before the trans shop worked on it? it definitely needs to go back if they didn't do some of the work properly.

Users who are viewing this thread