98 cobra fuel basket

Shake&Bake

1998 Triple Black Cobra
Established Member
Not here, but I always make sure I have at least a half a tank of gas if I know I'm going to run it hard. Typically I never let it get below half a tank. Some say to drill holes in the basket, others say not too. But no problems here with 500rwhp.

BottleFed98

Established Member
Think I'm just gonna do the whole 97 tank coversion because I'm having major fuel pressure drop with the nitrous. Love your car by the way. Thing looks perfect

BottleFed98

Established Member
Not here, but I always make sure I have at least a half a tank of gas if I know I'm going to run it hard. Typically I never let it get below half a tank. Some say to drill holes in the basket, others say not too. But no problems here with 500rwhp.
What's your fuel setup?

crazycarlo

Established Member
I sucked my basket dry with an aviator pump. I ended up drilling it out then eventually switched to a Division X 340 pump (not a drop in btw).

BottleFed98

Established Member
I sucked my basket dry with an aviator pump. I ended up drilling it out then eventually switched to a Division X 340 pump (not a drop in btw).

Excuse me if this sounds ridiculous, but how do you know if it's sucking the basket dry? The fuel pressure loss? Because my fuel pressure goes to 0 then recovers but doesn't hold a steady pressure.

crazycarlo

Established Member
The car would break up really bad. Hard to describe but when I went WOT it be bad past a certain point. I then drilled the basket and the problem was solved. I just always kept about 1/2 if I was gonna race it or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread