98 cobra doing 03/04 eaton swap

mkillough76

Established Member
Guys I need some help here. I have alot of questions reguarding my eaton swap. I have most of the block done and now I am looking at wiring and fuel issues now. Problem 1: I have bought the dash cluster from an 03/04 cobra and I do now know if I need to go with 03/04 computer/wiring harness. I know a guy that will make his own COP harness but I do not know how it works. Will I still have to run my 98 cobra computer with it or would it just be easier to just get the 03/04 harness and computer? Problem 2: what do I need to do about fuel? should I just get a boost a pump on my current set up and shut off the return fuel lines or could i just simply purchase a 03/04 fuel pump and hat and place it in my tank and/or will that even fit in my tank? If you have any questions on this you may call me at 4052390599. Please shoot me any ideas or suggestions please.

sspstangbanger

Pushrod Killer!
Established Member
This needs to be in tech not classifieds

The 03 cobra cluster will not work in a sn cobra
You have 2 options completely require the car with all 03/04 cobra wiring harnesses and computer and use 03/04 cluster and ECM or leave all your wiring and ECM the way it is and modify your injector harness for cop's and extend some wires to right locations and custom tune the stock ECM.

For fuel either go with a 03 cobra tank and return style division x/fore/etc hat with twin pumps or go with a sleeper/sumpted tank and external pump(magna fuel/aeromotive/Weldon) all of these will require aftermarket rails and a regulator.

Users who are viewing this thread