98 Cobra computer in a 97 Cobra will it work?

XR8XTC

Established Member
I have found a couple of computers on ebay for 98 Cobra. Will 98 Cobra computer work fine in a 97 cobra?

JasonSnake

Established Member
I don't see why not. I can't think of anything different in the electronics between these two years except for the clock pod which I doubt has ever had any connection to the computer

edit: I'm not sure if this still holds water but I've heard the 98 computers have a slightly more aggressive tune than the previous years? Not sure

Last edited:

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
I don't see why not. I can't think of anything different in the electronics between these two years except for the clock pod which I doubt has ever had any connection to the computer

edit: I'm not sure if this still holds water but I've heard the 98 computers have a slightly more aggressive tune than the previous years? Not sure

I heard that rumor as well but no one really knows, but if you get a tune it pretty much evens things out plus some

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
96-97 will work. The 98 will not work.

But every Cobra has their own specific computer anyways because of the PATS. They need to be reprogrammed in order for the vehicle to start. No program=no start.

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
How do I re program?

Take it to the dealer.

Around here, I have a mobil guy that has the software to cut PATS keys and program the,m, or reprogram speedo's and computers to make them work in vehicles when we repair them...but I don't know if everyone is that lucky...so dealer might be the only option.

jroc04si

Established Member
i ordered one from oreillys and they wanted my vin# and the # off my original computer so they could order the one with right program

XR8XTC

Established Member
Was that a new one or used? I have bought one but need to get PATS programed befor they send it to me in Japan any advice on this anyone?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread